“My favorite Mexican resto on earth!”

Mi Casa Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #68 of 214 Restaurants in Woodstock
Reviewed 8 August 2017

I have been eating with Rigo and Marta since they also had a place on Buford Highway in the '90s. They tell me there is only one other current customer of theirs who ate at both places. Marta is just about the nicest person on the face of the earth.

Everything we've had here has been perfect. Their salsa is without equal anywhere. We love the charro beans. Traditional tacos are wonderful. Everything is great. They are very careful about suppliers. Even the chorizo is carefully picked. I guess I do miss the old carnita recipe. That's the only change I'd make.

I wish they were closer to Chattanooga, but we occasionally make the 1.5 hour trip and back in an evening, just to eat with them.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

We have been going to Mi Casa for over 20 years! Rico and Mercedes have been there even beyond that! They have constantly maintained a restaurant that we feel like we can bring out of town guests to and the ones that have been always want to come back! The food and margaritas are excellent!

Reviewed 15 June 2016

I have probably frequented this restaurant 4-10 times per month for nearly 20 years. The food is better than most of your local Mexican sites, as they get their vegetables from farmers markets instead of on their chain truck. They keep adding new options such as Ceviche and other more authentic options. My go-to options for new people are the Asada tacos on corn tortillas and everyone loves the Shrimp Fajita quesadilla when I recommend it. The beers are ice cold and the margaritas are tasty. The service is top notch. Sit at the bar for lunch for a tasty quick meal.

Reviewed 31 December 2014 via mobile

Since we found Mi Casa five years ago we have averaged eating there at least two times per month. It is just your basic mom-and-pop Tex-Mex style restaurant with reliably good food and service. We usually judge a Mexican restaurant on several criteria: the salsa, the margaritas, the chicken soup, and whether they have real chilies rellenos. Mi Casa does well in all four. The managers Rigo and Marta Will make sure that you enjoy your meal and to get good service. The final comment I would make is that even with large parties and split checks we have never had an error on our bill. I don't even check it anymore, I just give them the credit card. Viva Mi Casa!!!

Reviewed 17 December 2014

Went with friends on Saturday night. Ordered the Texas Fajitas, which is a combination chicken, beef and shrimp dish combined with green peppers, onions and tomatoes. Shrimp was tasteless, chicken and beef so-so. Waiter didn't know wine choices and mispronounced Merlot. There were balloons hanging from the ceiling and the table as a whole felt like someone was always behind us. Pretty annoying. There are so many good Mexican restaurants available, so we won't be back. Sorry, we wanted to like the food!