“Outstanding Service”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: I-84
Description: Located inside the Wyndham Garden Boise Airport.
Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

It was a busy weekend. Basketball tournaments and a pool regional tournament were in full swing. Amidst demanding and rude guests, a food server rose above the issues of the day and made our multiple meals a delight.
I was saddened by rude guest with outright blatant mental issues...one who claimed the milk was not cold enough. This poor server dealt with it all in stride.
Thank you Jen for the outstanding service. The rest of the hotel staff could learn a thing or two from you.
The food was excellent.

1  Thank rritter2

Reviewed 11 February 2017

I travel alot for my job - I live in Florida. I recently stayed at the hotel and went to dinner at the Steakhouse in the hotel. After dinner I went to the bar to have a drink. Shontel was very helpful, she recommended places to see in Boise that turned out to be outstanding. She was pleasant to be around and I will definitely stay there again.

1  Thank Susan G
Reviewed 4 February 2017

I normally do not have a problem finishing my plate. My first thought when I got a rotten lime on my drink should have been a sign. A salad with the core of iceberg lettuce with rolls left out on the table from the night before. Did not eat. Ordered mushrooms for an app....so terrible that we did not eat those either. Told the waitress....sorry about that. Took back the entire dish. Main dish...cold vegetables, stale potatoes and the salties steak i've ever eaten. Waitress took my whole full plate back. Bill......$80. left hungry and completely disappointed.

Reviewed 11 September 2016

What started out as drinks during happy hour turned into dinner and we were pleasantly surprised. My porterhouse pork chop was cooked perfectly and seasoned well. My spouse had the macadamia nut crusted halibut and she said it was delicious. The servers were exceptional. Definitely coming back on a future road trip.

1  Thank gus c
Wyndham G, General Manager at Castle Ranch Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave positive feedback! We hope you do return again and enjoy many more meals with us in the near future :)

Reviewed 1 September 2016

A while back, someone decided to put an excellent steak house into a Wyndham Garden Hotel, just up the street from the Boise airport. The restaurant opened quietly, serving excellent beef, but was burdened by management that either didn't have, or was reluctant to spend, the funds to advertise and put this place on the map. It seemed that word of mouth, from steak lovers was the only way to find out about this place. The ignoring by the general public kept the place near empty most nights. Obviously, the attitude of staff followed the decline in income and those that did come in were not treated particularly well.
Fast forward to August, 2016. Management has changed and has embarked on an upgrade of the position of this establishment on the Boise dining scene. I, along with my companion, ate there on 8/28/16 and, for a short time were the only customers in the place. A few others, apparently guests of the hotel, wandered in from time to time. Despite the loneliness, my companion and I ordered from the most pleasant bartender/server on duty. She had a wonderful halibut steak, carefully seasoned and coated with macadamia nuts. I opted for the 10 oz. sirloin. Apparently, the steer that provided that steak had been eating well, as the cut I received - cooked perfectly - definitely exceeded the 10 oz. mark. The rice pilaf was fluffy and tasty as was the grilled asparagus that accompanied the entrée. I left barely a stain on the plate, to demonstrate that it had held a meal since last washed.
I predict that as a more structured advertising campaign is launched and with the quality of the food coming out of the kitchen. Our experience of loneliness will quickly become a memory. The young chef is proud of his work and his expertise shows in every plate that leaves the kitchen. Anyone who experiences his work, will return for more!

1  Thank MBDesman

It is my pleasure to inform you that we have undergone a yet another management change as of 2017 and are in process of revamping the menu and the overall customer experience! With time we hope to bring to the community of Boise and all travelers, near and far, the reputation this steakhouse once had.