See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I've stayed at this hotel once a year for the last 4 years - and each year I saw I won't stay ever again - and then . . . there I am. It has such a central location for all the fun things happening downtown that I give in even though the service and cleanliness is totally missing. Ugh. Last year, I stayed later - July - and the A/C was out for 2 of the 3 days I stayed - room was an oven - they refused to adjust my charges. The room was not clean but adequate. This year was worse - I stayed in April so no temperature issues - but my bed had not been changed! I pulled the covers down to go to sleep at close to midnight - and the sheets were dirty!!! I called the restaurant and they first wanted me to move to another hotel - on them - but at midnight? Really? So after 30 minutes of back and forth, they did finally bring me some clean sheets and I made up the bed myself. The room was filthy - I left a note written in the dust on the window sill. They did comp me the room this time so that is something. This hotel could be so wonderful with a little effort and some elbow grease - I love the location and the food next door. But without some clean up and attention? I would not recommend it.

Room Tip: If you are bothered by noise at night, this is not for you. Right downtown Boise and lots of hustle and bustle til all hours. I love this - but not all do.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank TLynn737
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Following previous review of customer "Upwinder", I would say the hotel is very authentic and the potential is very good but should be offered at a lower rate until some facilities and improvements needed will be implemented. We found expensive 73$ for ita double room. I must say, however, the restaurant is something you have to try: very good Basque cuisine. Indeed i wrote a report about the restaurant i would recommend you should read...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank TheNeonDemon-Jehu
Reviewed 9 August 2011

In a really nice old renovated brick 2-story building, next door to a great Basque restaurant and bar by the same name, in the centrally located and charming Basque district of Boise.
Toured the rooms several years ago when the hotel opened--the hotel has just a few rooms and is operated by the restaurant owners--much like many european small inns. The interior decoration was very tasteful, and the rooms VERY reasonably priced--still true. But unfortunately it seems it hasn't been kept up well--the carpets are dirty, paint and doors banged up, and there were a group of younger types hanging out on the front porch drinking and smoking--they left their mess and no one cleaned it up. And the service was iffy, too--not enough towels provided for two of us, we were told we could get more at the bar (where you register), but the whole operation was closed on Sunday (morning, at least)--no one told us that would be the case. Overall I had high hopes and was very disappointed. Room prices and restaurant are still very good.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the street--the alley has fans and foods and dope smokers (a music club is next door)
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple