“A nice splurge”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 October 2017

We had planned to go to a different restaurant in town but it was closed for the night so decided to check out this place. The setting is warm and inviting, the waitress Summer was super pleasant, and all of the food delicious. It was more expensive than we'd planned for the night and a bit more of a splurge priced dinner for us, but it was excellent. The owner introduced himself and was also very nice.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

The interior of this restaurant is very nice and warm. In all fairness we went on a Monday night and maybe they had a Monday night thing going on! The food was good but the service and the 35 minute wait to get the food was uncalled for! I asked for a special dietary need and the waitress said they couldn't do it, rather than asking the kitchen, because they were short handed. During our 35 minute wait, at no time did the waitress check in to apologize about the long wait...the busboy checked in once though. My lamb shank was good and rather than get mashed potatoes, I asked them to double up on the veges. To my surprise, the veges came out with partially sauteed WHOLE cloves of garlic, with no warning. My first bite left my tongue burning for the remainder of the evening. My date had rockfish that was poached with no sauce and very bland. It is regrettable because so many friends recommended this place. food...below average, service WAY below average...they need to train the wait staff!

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Our party of six had a great dinner on a week night before a show at the Kroc Center. The shrimp and grits had great flavor. The lamb shank and hamburger were reported to be delicious also. I have forgotten the other selections but remember everyone enjoyed their dinner. The service was friendly and efficient. There was life music outside that added to the ambience. I would eat there again.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

The food is nothing to rave about here. I was unimpressed when I walked past the kitchen to the bathrooms to see how dirty and smelly it was. I ate a French dip and spinach salad, both of them were flavorless.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

Dinner at Bistro was excellent, service was perfect, the chef made a perfect pasta with clams, and a nice salad to go with it. Nice neighborhood rest.
I recommend it.