“First time”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Traveling thru. Good food. Questionable service. Good salsa but waiter didn't refill. Drinks reminded empty too. However the food was good. Give it a try and a review.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

This was a date night for my husband and me and we were delighted with Azteca's stylish Mexican decor and private booths. The music was softly in the background, much of it was instrumental, and not the annoying outdated music played in most Mexican restaurants. We split a triple Fajita platter. The steak, shrimp and chicken were all cooked to tender perfection in a flavorful sauce, sizzling hot! The garnish plate was piled high with all the extras. Our food was beautifully presented. Our waitress gave us fabulous service. We enjoyed the in-house chips and salsa (med. hot). Very good prices as well.

1  Thank SongofSongs
Reviewed 20 February 2018

My wife and I went to this restaurant on the recommendation of a relative. Our server (who I assume was the owner given his sloppy attire and lack of manners) took our orders. I asked if Azteca offered a senior discount. I was told no but their beer and well drinks were at happy hour prices all day so there's your discount. He came back to verify our orders since he didn't bother to write them down and went whistling off to get our drinks. He came back, threw a coaster on the table and set my drink on it. He brought our food (which was pretty average) in record time. I guess speed was a top priority to him since he moved around like a jackrabbit with his tail on fire, We finished and asked for the check. He came back, threw the folder with the check in it on the table and zipped off. This was a totally marginal $40,00 experience. I tipped him, too, which I now regret. I will not go back. I feel sorry for the people in his employ.

1  Thank Crispie66
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

It seems that some things might be hit or miss. For example my shrimp a la diabla had one of the most authentic, truly enlightened sauces I've had on that dish in a long time. There were 6 shrimp which would be sufficient if they were large shrimp. These were more towards medium and it left me hungry. Of course there was lots of rice and beans on the plate, but I paid $18 because it was shrimp. So even though they were a little small on the shrimp and probably should have been at least one if not two more shrimp at that price, the dish itself was inspired and excellent.

My son had the fajita wrap. If you're in the mood for mostly salad (think lettuce and tomatoes and ranch dressing), you'll be pleased. The fajita steak was chopped up into very small bites. It wasn't particularly well seasoned, so the beef actually seem like an afterthought to a salad wrap. This was definitely not what you would expect from something called a fajita wrap.

The fajita wrap came with a smallish bowl that volume wise was really a cup of their in-house tortilla soup. It was loaded with pepper, so much that I was sneezing, but on balance the flavor was excellent. It lacked finesse and certain other fresh ingredients like avocado and cheese, but for a broth with justbtortilla strips in it it was quite good.

The chips were made in house, and the salsa was standard fare, good but not extraordinary. So overall this was above average. I had one very large gold margarita. I cannot recommend it period instead of upping the alcohol to be on balance with the increased volume, it just felt like they poured in more sweet and sour, so in the end it tasted like limeade. I couldn't finish it it was so sweet.

1  Thank FamilyMan1963
Reviewed 22 November 2017

Very good food large servings so go there hungry. I got carried away and ordered 3 items, was very good but had to share some with my wife, she had ordered a more sensible amount of food.