“A family favorite, service needs improvement”
Review of Tomato Street

Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

The great:

Super fun family atmosphere. They have lots of kids activities, including pasta necklaces to build, play dough, and an entire table to color and doodle on. The mood is Neighborhood Italian meets Old Spaghetti Factory. They have plenty of comfy seating, and fun booths such as trolley cars. It's my younger kids' favorite restaurant. Don't let my kid friendly label scare you, is not a kid restaurant by any means and it's plenty romantic for a date night, but they definitely go out of their way to make it the most kid friendly place in CDA.

The good: Food! Most of their food is good-great. A few entrees can be a little oily for my taste. Their tiramisu is top notch, if you like yours on the boozy side (I do!). Kids options are wonderful, and come with dessert. Hence why it's a kid favorite.

The needs improvement: The level of service you receive is all over the place. I have had wonderful servers and abysmal servers. Our last experience was terrible in the service department- downright rude in fact, and it was a rare date night to boot! We're taking a Tomato Street break and exploring other places in town, I'm sure we'll come again for the food in hopes the server friendliness improves.

Management response:Responded 6 August 2017

Thank you very much for your kind words about our food and environment but I am embarrassed and concerned about your service. If you could please find the time to give me a call I would like a bit more info so that I can address this issue with my employees. Sincerely Erkki

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I came here for our anniversary dinner. The food and the drinks were great. I always recommend this place to guests at where I work.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

We'd eaten here before on our travels and our friends had mentioned they were hungry for Italian, so we suggested Tomato Street. From the moment we walked in the door...we were greeted warmly, seated on the patio with our dog, our waiter brought a dish of water for her, and so expertly took our orders and guided our selections, delivered our appetizer, drinks, and food choices, checked to make sure everything was perfect...and it was! Wow! We had several special requests and EACH ONE was fulfilled beyond our expectations! Thank you so much for the awesome meal and service!!! You set the bar for satisfying your customers! Special thanks to our amazing waiter, Eric!

Management response:Responded 11 July 2017

Thank you for coming in and also for all the kind words. I'm glad to hear that you were well taken care of by Eric. It was our pleasure serving you and please come again.

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Busy parking lot but no wait for a table when you get inside. I got spaghetti with the spicy sauce, which was a touch too spicy but still good. Grandson loved their Mac and cheese.

Management response:Responded 9 July 2017

Thanks for joining us for the second time.

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Great local place to grab some dinner. Easy access off of I-90, really friendly and great service and excellent food. Dinner took a bit long but it was well worth the wait and no big deal. We are from out of town and would recommend this place to anyone.