“Family pasta tasting an experience”
Review of Tomato Street

Tomato Street
Ranked #25 of 261 Restaurants in Coeur d'Alene
Price range: US$9 - US$18
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2017

What a fun experience, 4 adults and 3 teens - everyone wanting something different but wanting to taste someone else's dish. Our waiter was very helpful with not only the items on the menu but taking into consideration what people really liked in order to make this a better experience. One of the teens is lactose intolerant, and food items where checked to be sure there wasn't any dairy, before his order was placed .
The menu is huge with the house recommended dishes, very popular. Everything was excellent , we all had different choices and the Caesar salad and bread were popular at our table. Lots of left overs for later.
This was a 1st for all of us but it will not be the last time we will eat here. I would highly recommend this eatery.

Management response:Responded 10 August 2017

We strive to give everyone the best food and service possible and looks like we succeeded with your group. Thank you for taking the time time to write. I will share your comments with my staff. Hope to see you again. Erkki

Reviewed 8 August 2017

We were a group of ( loud ) 13 guests celebrating the wedding of our granddaughter/daughter. Had a delightful dinner here.

Management response:Responded 10 August 2017

Thank you very much for coming in. Hope to see you again! Erkki

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

OK, this place is amazing, the best Italian food I ever had. I had the meat lasagna and Caesar Salad. The noodles melted in your mouth and the portions are generous. I could only eat after of the serving, and so happy to take the left overs to enjoy once more. I also had a Cadillac Margarita, awesome, awesome!!! To bad it took 4 days for us to discover this Restaurant,probably a good thing or I would add 20 pounds, yikes! Next time I'm in Coeur d' Alene it will be my first dinner stop. Side Note, the building looks like a fast food joint but the food " to die for" Enjoy!

Management response:Responded 8 August 2017

Love to hear that you enjoyed your visit. Hope we see you again. Erkki

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

The great:

Super fun family atmosphere. They have lots of kids activities, including pasta necklaces to build, play dough, and an entire table to color and doodle on. The mood is Neighborhood Italian meets Old Spaghetti Factory. They have plenty of comfy seating, and fun booths such as trolley cars. It's my younger kids' favorite restaurant. Don't let my kid friendly label scare you, is not a kid restaurant by any means and it's plenty romantic for a date night, but they definitely go out of their way to make it the most kid friendly place in CDA.

The good: Food! Most of their food is good-great. A few entrees can be a little oily for my taste. Their tiramisu is top notch, if you like yours on the boozy side (I do!). Kids options are wonderful, and come with dessert. Hence why it's a kid favorite.

The needs improvement: The level of service you receive is all over the place. I have had wonderful servers and abysmal servers. Our last experience was terrible in the service department- downright rude in fact, and it was a rare date night to boot! We're taking a Tomato Street break and exploring other places in town, I'm sure we'll come again for the food in hopes the server friendliness improves.

Management response:Responded 6 August 2017

Thank you very much for your kind words about our food and environment but I am embarrassed and concerned about your service. If you could please find the time to give me a call I would like a bit more info so that I can address this issue with my employees. Sincerely Erkki

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I came here for our anniversary dinner. The food and the drinks were great. I always recommend this place to guests at where I work.