“Excellent watermelon shrimp cheviche”
Review of Cafe Carambola

Cafe Carambola
Ranked #1 of 276 Restaurants in Coeur d'Alene
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

Wonderful little Cafe with salads, sandwiches and light dishes. We love the mix off flavors with the sweetness of the watermelon mixed with the fresh veggies and large chunky bits of shrimp. My husband had the pulled pork sandwich, huge serving, wonderfully tastefully prepared. The black bean mango salad was extremely tasty with a fresh tang to the dressing but very light, summery and delightful.

Date of visit: August 2016

Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

We stumbled upon this quaint cafe and we went back almost every day for lunch. It's a small restaurant but worth it. It feels like you are visiting a friend and they're cooking just for you. Come early because they run out by the end of the day. Friday is tamale day and they ran out before 1:00. My favorites were watermelon shrimp ceviche, la Mexicano sandwich and the tamales. Don't be fooled, the cafe is small but so worth the visit.

1  Thank lynnly27
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

Beautiful summer night with shrimp and and Damon on the grill, fresh corn Mexican-style, numerous salads, salsas, guacamole. One of my favorite all-time meals. The family prepared everything beautifully, with colors and flavors galore. Ours was a special event but I can't wait to go visit them and dine again. Wow!

Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

Great spot for vegetarians and vegans. Fresh salads with quinoa, tabbouleh, black beans, vegs all dressed with a light lemon dressing. Cuban style sandwiches were delicious and easily made veg. Owner was very accommodating. Fantastic Mexican coffee too. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 16 July 2016

We live locally and have never been to Cafe Carambola despite always wanting to. It was worth the wait. The line to order was quite long upon arriving. So many good options to choose from. My husband had the Argentine torta and I had La Portena in a wrap. Tried the soup of the day; bacon and bean. I think it was the most tasty bean soup I have ever eaten. The large portion was truly large. The ingredients all taste so fresh and perfectly seasoned. So often the shredded pork around town is drowning in salt. My husband had the beef and I the pork and both were perfect. We will be back.