“HIDDEN TREASURE”

Ranked #1 of 271 Restaurants in Coeur d'Alene
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 12 August 2017

I've lived in CdA for some time and this cafe is a sweet surprise to me! I didn't know what salad to order, so I had some of each. Every one was a winner. The service was wonderful, the owners, that I got to meet, are just as nice as can be. It's called Latin food I believe. They have sandwiches and salads. I love this because it's not your predictable food you'd find at a cafe. I hope people support them, because they are hard workers, who put out great food. I'd recommend this cafe to anyone...everyone!

2  Thank Jennifer A

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Very unique food. Great service, very friendly family oriented owned business. It's a must try! You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

What a treat.... everything we ordered was so delicious. Owners greeted us with a welcome smile and helpful tips... highly recommend... my only compliant would be that I wish they were open for dinner...

Reviewed 25 June 2017

We had a terrific lunch here. The owner/server is friendly and funny. The food was excellent, and the salads were very fresh. You can't go wrong with the half sandwich, half salad combination. Trust the owner's recommendations. He is very genunine. This is a not-to-miss place if you are in the area. It's a very small café and very cozy. The owner gives all the credit for the delicious dishes to his wife, who is the cook, but he is willing to take all the blame for anything bad. He was chatty without being too in-your-face. We will definitely go back. Please support this local treasure.

1  Thank JCYang
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

We had an excellent lunch at this local treasure. Awesome lunch! I had a jicama and cactus salad presented in a tamale corn husk. We also had half a carambola club with a pesto like pasta with dried cherries and 2 chicken tamales with pinto bean and bacon soup and rice. Portions were adequate for 3 people to have lunch, so as not to overeat. With 2 bottled Cokes, our meal was $36.33 before tip. Carlos is the front man and server. His wife, Columba is the chef and it's her creations that make this restaurant so special. An authentic Mexican hardworking couple, that's why the food tastes so good! Gotta try this place! It's not to be missed!