“A Spot of Wonderful”

Ranked #22 of 263 Restaurants in Coeur d'Alene
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 15 November 2017

Went on a whim to have lunch with a friend. What a stroke of luck! We got in...that in itself is a feat as this place is well known by locals and is very often crowded. In fact, even though the weather was cold, 2 men decided to have their lunch at a table outside on the sidewalk. Anyway, my buddy and I tried the special which was a tamale plate. It came with a side of rice. All the items on the menu seemed to be inspired by South-American cuisine and flavors. Our lunch was incredibly delicious. We also found it necessary to offer a nice young couple with a newborn in a carrier a spot at our table. They gladly accepted our invitation and we all enjoyed our lunches together. It was a pleasant experience and a very nice lunch.

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

I need to spend more time at this tiny Cafe. Very few tables, most of their business is take out. Fresh and wholesome, yet simple food. Leaves you feeling full but not bloated. Friendly service, authentic cuisine. I had the quinoa salad with chicken soup. My daughter has a wrap with Mango black bean salad. Chunky coffee with chocolate. Try it!

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

We had a great lunch in CDA at Cafe Carambola. Their Cubana sandwich is pulled pork like you've never had it, and their watermelon ceviche special was awesome too. Really glad to have found it. Good owners too!

Reviewed 12 August 2017

I've lived in CdA for some time and this cafe is a sweet surprise to me! I didn't know what salad to order, so I had some of each. Every one was a winner. The service was wonderful, the owners, that I got to meet, are just as nice as can be. It's called Latin food I believe. They have sandwiches and salads. I love this because it's not your predictable food you'd find at a cafe. I hope people support them, because they are hard workers, who put out great food. I'd recommend this cafe to anyone...everyone!

1  Thank Jennifer A
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Very unique food. Great service, very friendly family oriented owned business. It's a must try! You will not be disappointed.