“OK visit”

Tom's Cabin
Ranked #11 of 36 Restaurants in Emmett
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 14 April 2017

A friend booked for us to go for a meal for a birthday meal. If we had been going on our own we would have driven straight past it and kept on going. It didn't look very nice and needed a good coat of paint on the outside. On the inside it didn't look much better and looked like it was full of what reminder me of a bunch of Hill illness. They had run out of fried chicken, there was no homemade pie, only a bought in cherry pie. The portions were so big that I could only eat 1 chicken strip and had to take 3 strips home. I was asked if I wanted white or brown gravy I replied that I had never had white gravy before as I didn't like the look of it and the waitress said to have the white gravy as their brown gravy wasn't very good. Not a good recommendation.The food was OK but I didn't like the white gravy so couldn't eat the potato as it was covered in the gravy and the sweetcorn wasn't very nice either. It had dried out on the top. A disappointing meal. Won't be going back.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

We went on the way to drop off our son at a friends place, it's a little out of our usual path. Food was great, large portions, service too, good and it wasn't too expensive

Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

Service here is good and cheerful. The place can get a bit noisy when full.
Breakfast was excellent. I highly recommend getting biscuits and gravy. My toddler loves them.
I've had their hamburgers, not my favorite but not bad. However, their fried chicken is really good and so are their homemade desserts!
This is a local place. Very down home, more "greasy spoon" not dirty.... just hole in the wall, small town, middle of nowhere, artery clogging food. So if that's what you like, check it out!

Reviewed 20 November 2016

I have driven by this place hundreds of times and never knew it was a restaurant. I always thought it was just a biker bar. We stopped in for lunch and I had the bacon cheese burger and onion rings. Nice thick bacon on the burger and the onion rings were yummy. I see they have oysters on the menu so I am going to be back for dinner.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

This place has really cleaned up. Under the pressure from a friend, I gave this place another shot (honestly I hadn't been their in years because the place was so worn down). Happened to be there for their endless fish special. Very good. It is one of those local secrets now that keeps them coming back. Way to turn a business around.

Been to Tom's Cabin? Share your experiences!