“Locals Galore”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 9 April 2018

Typical dive bar frequented by the locals. Nice atmosphere, nice people but a bit smokey. Great local brews.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

Stopped in because it was close to our hotel. In an older building off the main street by 1/2 a block. Parking is whereever you can find it along the street. Inside is large with bar, 2 pool tables, and two stages. Smoking is allowed so the inside is a little smokey. They offer a full bar and the pool table is just a dollar a game. Had a couple of drinks. The price is average compared to other bars however my husband said his bottle of beer tasted a little stale. (Skunky beer he called it) Did not settle well. My drink was tasty even if it was little small for $8. Was not offered anything from the Grill and I did not see anyone else with food so I passed on asking and we just drank our drinks and left. Bar tender and other patrons were not very friendly and nothing was going on so there was no reason to hang around.

1  Thank cheryle h
Reviewed 21 December 2017

The Blue Moon is one of the very few choices to eat & drink in Lava Hot Springs, ID. I have been there some times when service and food could not have been any better. I have been there on other weekends when a band was playing and could not get a burger ordered or a drink delivered. Most times, this is a fun place to hang out for a few beers. Idaho lets people smoke indoors, so this is a blast from the past, as smoking in public buildings has not been allowed where I live for decades.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

We never go to Lava without stopping into Blue moon! They always have great entertainment and the service has always been top notch for us! The locals are always friendly, we love it here!

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Stopped in here for lunch and were pleasantly surprised. Love a great dive bar if the food and service are good. We were not disappointed. Jackie had a couple cold beers in front of us in minutes and our food was to us in perfect time. I had the jalapeño burger with bacon and my wife had chicken strips. The hand cut fries were exactly what we expect in Idaho. We each had another beer then walked around town. $27 for two great meals and 4 drafts was super reasonable to us. We will be back.