“Oh My!!!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 October 2014

I love trying out new ethnic foods and this place was amazing. I didn't know how to pronounce some of the words on the menu and didn't know what to order. No worries the waitor was phenomenal and suggestioned the perfect meal combinations for my friends and I. I will definitely revisit and if you like Chai Tea I highly suggest their Chai drink!

matman00us, Manager at Emperor of India, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2014

Thank you for Feed back. Your comments are deeply appreciated and your opinion is valued highly as it helps improve our product and services.

You were a table of three. You were a younger group. Two females and male who joined you later. You fit the profile of an "ideal group." You are open minded and willing to try something new, but above all you took our recommendations when ordering. We are glad you enjoyed our preparations, it means a lot to us. Our main objective is customer service and satisfaction. That is our "core value." Guests are treated like family and come first. We get Paid in the "rich compliments" and the knowledge that patrons enjoyed their meal. We also Thank you profusely for the rather large tip. Your generosity is appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Regards...Management

Reviewed 17 October 2014

some of the best food hospitality of experience in a long time.if you haven't visited this restaurant you should make it a must see on your next trip to Lewiston I

Thank You Jessy for visiting us. Your comments are valued and appreciated.

You are definitely a connoisseur of fine food. You knew exactly what you taste buds wanted for the moment. But, above all you placed you faith in us by letting us choose your appetizer - A Potato and onion dish coated in garbanzo bean batter and spices. You had the Lamb Curry in Red Sauce as the main entrée. You finished your meal. That is indeed a pleasure to see.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future. With best wishes.

Management.

Reviewed 13 October 2014 via mobile

Great meal experience!! It was just as the owner said it would be, with the lamb, fork tender, superb quality, the sauce very flavorful, the veggies in the sauce cooked to perfection, perfectly cooked yet crisp still. The owner thought next time I should try lamb in the Thai red curry sauce with coconut milk. I'd definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone.

matman00us, Manager at Emperor of India, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2014

Thank you for your review Mark! Your observations and comments are deeply appreciated. We enjoyed talking to you during your visit.

It is indeed a pleasure to Welcome you as a member of our community.... And not just any member, with your specialized and highly developed skills. You become a unique asset to our community. You not only live here but also work as a specialist in your industry. That only means improvements and positive enhancements for the rest of us - economically and in contributing to the building our community. Within, this context we value, appreciate and cherish your patronage at our establishment.

You obviously come with the core values that make this county a great one. To us the "greatness" of any nation not only means their economic, technological or political prowess in the world, but the ability of common everyday folks to show compassion and consideration for their fellow man. That feeling is just great and cannot be surpassed. Your reviews and reviews such as the one titled "delight" below, only reaffirm and reinforce our faith.

In hindsight, we may not able to top your moms curry preparations, but we will endeavor to do our best to meet or beat your expectations on your next visit.

Best wishes and regards

Management

Reviewed 11 October 2014

I was visiting Lewiston on business. I have spent time traveling internationally, and love Indian cuisine. Praveen (the proprietor) has perfected his artwork in food. He is also a superb host, immediately making me feel comfortable and welcome. He asked some questions about my palate, and offered samples to gage my spice tolerance, and then proceeded to prepare multiple dishes of lamb curry for me to try. The lamb is organically raised, and prepared just right. I would have eaten more had I had the time and storage space. Praveen joined me at with a chair and chatted quite comfortably through the meal when I invited him. I highly recommend this establishment to anyone passing through, and fans of Indian food.

1  Thank Rauhsoj
matman00us, Manager at Emperor of India, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2014

Thanks for your response. We were really Honored to have you as a guest. We are indebted to you and what have done for our country as a member of the armed forces. We are proud of you.

You were very knowledgeable your, your cross cultural sensitivity was most obvious. Your understanding of multi cultural issues and your open minded approach to solving them was most impressive. You left us wishing that there were more individuals/groups that think like you. Thanks for finishing your meal. Your friend accompanying you may have been reserved in his comments but only because he focused more on the dis rather than the conversation. We would like to Thank him too for such an "intrinsic complement."

We look forward to having you over again on your next business trip to Lewiston. Your conversation is so insightful and intellectually stimulating.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 25 September 2014

men and women bathroom no running water, cutlery dirty..menu Thai and Indian 6 pages, but you can only order dishes with stars that are put on there. Like the ones we got in first grade for spelling.
Dirty bar, messy...YICK!!!

5  Thank windycross
matman00us, Manager at Emperor of India, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2014

Thanks for your review. There appears to an inaccuracy with your comment about no water in the Men's AND Women's bathrooms - Since we have been cooking in the kitchen when we are open and we use water. The water supply to the entire building (including the bathrooms) come from a single water meter. In case the automatic faucet sticks it is easy to overcome that issue by repeatedly waving your hand in front of the sensor. We could have easily resolved this inconvenience and helped you and the situation had you informed a server or manager. It is an easy fix. We would have ensured your complete satisfaction. Other customers have used the same bathrooms without any problems. You did NOT eat here, NOR did you pay for anything. It is possible that you may have the location or restaurant wrong. Please check. In any case your review does not reflect the quality of our food or service. I see you have not rated on the Food and value sub categories in your review as a result. Perhaps you just came in to use the bathroom and were in a hurry. We can understand! and sympathize. We know in a City of Seattle downtown restaurants like McDonalds charge for using the restrooms, just given the sheer volume of patrons and other people visiting the establishments.

In which case we request you reconsider your review about our ENTIRE restaurant. You can also "Qualify" your review on the other hand to point out that your did not eat or pay here. That is a Fact. We are primarily a restaurant and a sticky automatic faucet even if it happened is not necessarily a reflection of the entire establishment. Thank You for your consideration.
Cordially....The Management.