“Always Flavorful And Delicious!”
Review of Emperor of India

Emperor of India
Ranked #7 of 108 Restaurants in Lewiston
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 November 2014

I had lunch at this restaurant yesterday and always enjoy the hearty flavors and spices used by this wonderful cook (Praveen) to make every dish special.

I would recommend trying his soup (especially now with the cold weather). Such a nice combinations of flavors, and nice veggies with Chicken. This is NOT your mother's chicken soup! He can make this mild or spicy to your liking.

I also recommend the Kadai Saag. This is a spinach dish, and I had it with chicken, but I also enjoy it with lamb.

Wash this down with a beer or glass of wine to make it one of the best meals you have had in awhile!

Kā ānanda! (Enjoy in Hindi)

Reviewed 4 November 2014

Over the past year, I have been to Lewiston nearly a dozen times on business. Whenever possible I try to schedule my meetings so that I can stop in at the Emperor of India. I have stopped looking at the menu and simply ask for Chef's choice. I have yet to be disappointed. The food is incredibly fresh, flavorful and more than I can eat. I like my food very spicy and they are eager to accomodate. I look forward to returning next month.

Reviewed 25 October 2014

If you have to choose one place in Lewiston, this should easily be your choice. I had the lamb curry I believe it was called, and it was really good. The soup was also delicious and the owner (pretty sure he was the owner) was amazing with his recommendations as I couldn't really choose. The lamb was incredibly tender and I could cut it from the bone with the spoon. I had never had Indian before which was the part of the reason I choose this place and I was not disappointed at all!

I can see why other people love this place... and if there is one place you should visit for trying something new or wanting good food - this place is your stop.

Everything about that lamb dish was flavorful and very filling. I love trying new food and this was a great stop and I hope to be back soon.

matman00us, Manager at Emperor of India, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2014

Thank You for valued review and comments. They are highly appreciated.

You had the Lamb Curry, we served you Lamb chops with a smaller shoulder cut. Vegetables were cooked into the Curry, and Jasmine rice is complimentary. We tried to make it as mild as possible but we use many spices to create complex flavors. So some of these spices may have rendered the dish a slightly above mild. Thanks for accepting that. We find it necessary to use many of these spices as that is the backbone of our cooking and most of these spices come with a myriad of health benefits. Your review/critique exhibits that you are fine connoisseur of food. We appreciate your patronage.

We look forward to welcoming you back. Best Regards

Management.

Reviewed 25 October 2014

I love trying out new ethnic foods and this place was amazing. I didn't know how to pronounce some of the words on the menu and didn't know what to order. No worries the waitor was phenomenal and suggestioned the perfect meal combinations for my friends and I. I will definitely revisit and if you like Chai Tea I highly suggest their Chai drink!

Thank you for Feed back. Your comments are deeply appreciated and your opinion is valued highly as it helps improve our product and services.

You were a table of three. You were a younger group. Two females and male who joined you later. You fit the profile of an "ideal group." You are open minded and willing to try something new, but above all you took our recommendations when ordering. We are glad you enjoyed our preparations, it means a lot to us. Our main objective is customer service and satisfaction. That is our "core value." Guests are treated like family and come first. We get Paid in the "rich compliments" and the knowledge that patrons enjoyed their meal. We also Thank you profusely for the rather large tip. Your generosity is appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Regards...Management

Reviewed 17 October 2014

some of the best food hospitality of experience in a long time.if you haven't visited this restaurant you should make it a must see on your next trip to Lewiston I

Thank You Jessy for visiting us. Your comments are valued and appreciated.

You are definitely a connoisseur of fine food. You knew exactly what you taste buds wanted for the moment. But, above all you placed you faith in us by letting us choose your appetizer - A Potato and onion dish coated in garbanzo bean batter and spices. You had the Lamb Curry in Red Sauce as the main entrée. You finished your meal. That is indeed a pleasure to see.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future. With best wishes.

Management.