“Excellent mix of Indian and Thai”
Review of Emperor of India

Emperor of India
Ranked #7 of 108 Restaurants in Lewiston
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 January 2015

After spending 6 weeks in South India, I visited an old friend in Lewiston I haven't seen in 8 years. We went to Emperor of India for lunch, and the food was excellent. Praveen, the owner/cook, helped us order food for our particular tastes and veg/non-veg preference. My friend had the lamb, and I had a Gobi dish with potatoes, a type of gravy, and vegetables mixed in. I can't remember what it was called but it's the first option in the Veg menu!

What's more, the spices must be authentic. Praveen told us he was heading to Thailand for a business trip to pick up more spices!

If you're in Lewiston, check it out!

Reviewed 17 December 2014

Desired something other than the ordinary, and this was it. My wife is not as much of a risk taker, so she had the Fried Rice Chicken. I tried the Paneer Pakoda, I had no idea what I was getting, and didn't really care. The meals we saw on the other tables looked delicious, so I didn't think I could go wrong. We both thoroughly enjoyed our meals, very flavorable, fresh. Service was great. prices reasonable. I strongly recommend that you give this place a try.

Reviewed 14 November 2014

I had lunch at this restaurant yesterday and always enjoy the hearty flavors and spices used by this wonderful cook (Praveen) to make every dish special.

I would recommend trying his soup (especially now with the cold weather). Such a nice combinations of flavors, and nice veggies with Chicken. This is NOT your mother's chicken soup! He can make this mild or spicy to your liking.

I also recommend the Kadai Saag. This is a spinach dish, and I had it with chicken, but I also enjoy it with lamb.

Wash this down with a beer or glass of wine to make it one of the best meals you have had in awhile!

Kā ānanda! (Enjoy in Hindi)

Reviewed 4 November 2014

Over the past year, I have been to Lewiston nearly a dozen times on business. Whenever possible I try to schedule my meetings so that I can stop in at the Emperor of India. I have stopped looking at the menu and simply ask for Chef's choice. I have yet to be disappointed. The food is incredibly fresh, flavorful and more than I can eat. I like my food very spicy and they are eager to accomodate. I look forward to returning next month.

Reviewed 25 October 2014

If you have to choose one place in Lewiston, this should easily be your choice. I had the lamb curry I believe it was called, and it was really good. The soup was also delicious and the owner (pretty sure he was the owner) was amazing with his recommendations as I couldn't really choose. The lamb was incredibly tender and I could cut it from the bone with the spoon. I had never had Indian before which was the part of the reason I choose this place and I was not disappointed at all!

I can see why other people love this place... and if there is one place you should visit for trying something new or wanting good food - this place is your stop.

Everything about that lamb dish was flavorful and very filling. I love trying new food and this was a great stop and I hope to be back soon.

matman00us, Manager at Emperor of India, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2014

Thank You for valued review and comments. They are highly appreciated.

You had the Lamb Curry, we served you Lamb chops with a smaller shoulder cut. Vegetables were cooked into the Curry, and Jasmine rice is complimentary. We tried to make it as mild as possible but we use many spices to create complex flavors. So some of these spices may have rendered the dish a slightly above mild. Thanks for accepting that. We find it necessary to use many of these spices as that is the backbone of our cooking and most of these spices come with a myriad of health benefits. Your review/critique exhibits that you are fine connoisseur of food. We appreciate your patronage.

We look forward to welcoming you back. Best Regards