“WONDERFUL”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2016

I had potato and cauliflower curry and my husband had steak curry

The guy who runs the place is alone and is very polite and friendly, he asked what strength curry we both said medium,. I have always been a curry ;lover and had many berries in my life, THIS RANKS HIGHLY , very authentic
Meals were perfect spiciness , very tasty and very good price (each meal $9.99) , Excellent value for good food, will definitely return

Reviewed 24 May 2016

Very glad I read the TripAdvisor reviews before choosing this restaurant for an early dinner Saturday. If I'd gone by reviews on another website, we would have missed out on this wonderful gem. Proprietor was most gracious, made sure we knew there was an up charge for the lamb when we ordered the saag. Upon service he even offered to re-make anything that we found too spicy, but there was no need of that as the heat level was absolutely perfect for our request of medium.
We ordered the Chicken Tikka Masala and Lamb Saag, both were excellent. The chicken was moist and flavorful, and the lamb, oh the lamb, so tender you could cut it with the fork. Lots of vegetables with the chicken, and perfectly cooked rice.
The best part of the meal was the Chai tea....yum...best I've ever had! We've had Indian food across the country, and this is dinner was as good as any from Washington DC to Victoria BC.
Only dropping one star for not taking credit cards. We knew ahead of going in, as we had read reviews here. Might be a good idea to put a note stating so in the menu, though there is a Wells Fargo next door that I'm sure has an ATM.
Lewiston, give this restaurant your patronage, please keep it in business. I want to come back on my next visit to town to see if the Thai side of the menu lives up to the Indian!

Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

Eating solo at Emperor of India makes one feel no longer alone. The hospitality and food are great! I love the Chai and the fish curry with paneer and vegetables over rice. The sauce is excellent and I have plenty for lunch. Thanks again.

Reviewed 19 April 2016

Meals was good, and ambiance was good too. The service was good and important is its not pure indian food, a creative food with a blend of Thai flare! something different to try even if you are pure indian food lover.

2  Thank am2002-16
Reviewed 4 April 2016

Great food. Excellent service. I believe the gentleman that served us also did the cooking. He recommended the meals for us. The recommendations were outstanding. Only two issues we recommend for return visits: #1 They do not take cards. Recommend that they post that on their door upon entering and possibly also on their menu. #2 Recommend that they have a separate limited menu for lunch only. Some of the items that we requested on the menu were not available for lunch. Beside those 2 items we highly recommend this restaurant!