“Good Brisket ”

Ranked #3 of 108 Restaurants in Lewiston
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: We are a small breakfast, lunch & BBQ restaurant serving made from scratch hotcakes, fresh baked goods, homemade soups, salads and 3 BBQ sauces. We started out as a deli, one year later we added BBQ, 3 years later we added breakfast. As we say, other BBQ restaurants have come and gone since 2003 all claiming to have the best BBQ in the Lewiston, Clarkston Valley. Here at the Lunch Box BBQ we like to let our customers be the judge of that. Our motto is we keep our customers happy, they keep us in business. We have been saying that for over 13 years.
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

My husband had the brisket with sweet potato fries. He said it was excellent, moist & smoky. He tried the sauces and thought the peach chipolte had a nice flavor. The habenero was very runny and more vinegar based.
I don't like smoked meats so tried one of the melts. My cheese was not even melted. Otherwise it was ok but nothing special.
Waitress was friendly and made sure our ice tea was topped up. Even offered us an ice tea for the road.

440marieh, Owner at The Lunch Box Deli & BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Cathy thank you for your review....I am sorry about your sandwich....with the melts I try to stress the importance to our cooks that the cheese be melted and the bread be nicely browned...can you tell me what day you were there? Also the thin vinegar based Habenero sauce was an experiment...we have gone back to our original recipe but with more spice. I hope you try our restaurant once again.

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

Little hard to find but worth the hunt. Went for lunch and it was so good we went for breakfast the next day. BBQ is very good for lunch and the brisket eggs Benedict looked great but didn't try it for breakfast. My wife liked the peach cobbler that she had it as a dessert after baskets and gravy for breakfast. Th staff is very friendly, efficient, knowledgeable, and helpful.

Go check it out for either lunch or dinner.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

My buddy & I go to the Lunch Box quite often for breakfast. We've never had a bad meal and their selection is extensive. Their bacon is the best. One day we were later than usual so we opted for the lunch menu. The pastrami melt was great as were the hand cut fries. Service is quick and friendly and prices are reasonable.

Reviewed 18 May 2017

This is a small resturant with fabulous ribs & other items, especially bbq. If this is your first visit, desert is on the house which is peach cobbler.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

Passing through on business. Small hole-in-the-wall place (old gas station) with great reviews. Super friendly and efficient hostess (owner?). Ordered the sandwich with half sliced brisket and 1/2 chopped/pulled pork + 2 ribs. Order came up fairly quick for lunchtime rush. They served up 3 ribs instead of two. I asked about that. She said the ribs may have been small and they decided to comp me a third. Nice. Fries are whole cut with skin on. Not too crispy or soggy. About perfect.

The sandwich was perfect. The soft hoagie style roll was loaded with meat to the point it was hard to close. The sliced brisket was good as was the chopped/pulled pork. Neither were smoked very long (no smoke ring visible). Don't think there was any brining. But it tasted good, went down easy and was filling!

The ribs were meh. The flavor was heavy on the smoke but not is a good way. No bark from a long smoke & baste but it was dark colored. The meat was tender and the cartilage was almost soft enough to eat. Bone ends were not soft enough to nibble. But the smoke flavor was weird. It tasted "off." Wouldn't order ribs again here.

The three sauces were house BBQ, chipotle (?) and Habanero. Didn't care for the sauces. Mild vinegar based and had the consistency of salsa made in a food processor. None of them were spicy, even the Habanero.. No heat at all. They were all made off the same base sauce so they tasted remarkably the same. I would recommend that they work on perfecting the sauces. But... THANK YOU for serving your BBQ dry and letting the customer choose.

The hostess asked myself and another customer she didn't recognize if this was our first time visiting. It was so she gave me a big M&M cookie on the house. Super nice.

Overall, not your sensational Dallas or St Louis BBQ, but I would definitely stop by here again. Good food, at a fair price, with happy service = repeat customers.

3  Thank darkswede218