“Cross country road trip”

Black Swan Inn Luxurious Theme Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Pocatello B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 June 2016 via mobile

This place was absolutely amazing! When we were looking through the reviews the review from Jennifer S. was a concern for us, however we decided to give Hotel Swan a go anyway and we couldn't be happier! Hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful! The room was so spacious, clean, and had so many amenities it was hard to choose what to do first. The jacuzzi was our favorite part! Overall an amazing experience and we will most certainly be back soon.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel R

Reviewed 6 June 2016

My husband knows I love this place & We have stayed in all but 3 of the rooms at the black swan & quite a few at the destination inn & this year for my birthday he decided to go the extra & we would try the black swan garden suite & I would have to say this was the worst
1st it was 270.00 bucks way to much !!!
2nd the breakfast items were a joke & I wasn't paying another 12 bucks for popcorn pop & a candy bar , you used to have that as one of your choices
3rd by the time I got the remote figured out we could care less to what tv .....
We got up & were gone by 9am the next morning , what a let down birthday surprise, we will think twice about staying there again , you don't get much for your money anymore

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pam C
Reviewed 3 June 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in the Romeo and Juliet Suite. The theming was beautiful. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The grounds of the Black Swan Inn is very well maintained and beautiful. The Suite had a very helpful binder that provided helpful suggestions for dinner, and also provided instructions for using various ammenities. The Black Swan Inn is a wonderful place to stay the night for couples.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mcsmith726
Reviewed 28 May 2016 via mobile

We stayed in the hotel on the day after we got married for a little getaway. I cannot believe the kind of service that we received from them. They went above and beyond to make sure our night was wonderful! The rooms are nice! The staff and owners are wonderful to work with. Will definitely go back!!!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Makayla R
Reviewed 26 February 2016 via mobile

Horrible hotel experience and poor hotel management. They advertise as being business travel friendly and a luxury hotel but are sorely lacking on both fronts.

I called for a business rate and specifically requested the Enchanted Forest suite because it was the cheapest but was told it was booked the entire length of my stay so they offered the Egyptian at a higher rate. I agreed but when I arrived I learned the room was on the second floor and was two levels where I would have to climb down a very narrow winding staircase to get to the bathroom. I was here for a week so I had a lot of luggage and asked for help to my room since there is no elevator but was declined.

They say the offer free breakfast but in my 7 days I only received it twice but back to the room.

My second day there I took a shower at night (the shower was luxurious and earned the one star). After my shower I started to blow dry my hair in my second floor bedroom and it blew the fuse!! It was night so it was pitch black and how is it a luxury hotel can not accommodate a hair dryer? Even a Motel 6 can! So at this point I had to clutch the walls to wind down the pitch black curvy staircase to open the tiny window to let in moonlight so I could locate my phone so I would have a flashlight. While on my decent into the black I fell hard on my back. I finally decided to go into the hallway to try and locate a fuse box and thank goodness I did and was able to restore power to my room.

I let the front office staff know that Monday that I needed a one level room, with a shower (ps most only have tubs) and one that could accommodate a hairdryer. They said there were no rooms available.

My coworker is friends with the owner and called on my behalf who informed her he was losing money on me since I was under the business rate. Then why offer it? She begged and magically the Enchanted Forest was suddenly available BUT I had to agree to pay the normal rate for my upcoming Thursday and Friday nights. At this point I saw this as breaking my neck or pay $40 extra for two nights. So I agreed. They did move my belongings downstairs since I insisted.

The looks of the Enchanted Forest are wonderful but my first night the refrigerator froze along with my medicine in the fridge. I called the next morning and asked for a new one but had to wait for the front desk girl to try and fix the fridge with her until finally I demanded a new fridge.

Here is the worst part... I just checked out yes a day early because I could not endure anymore and not only did they charge me the higher weekend rate for my Thursday night but BACK CHARGED me an additional $50 a night for my two nights in the death trap!! Who operates like this? They may you prepay so I was out of luck.

DO NOT stay here! It failed at every turn at even being a 1 star hotel.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank azjen20
blackswaninn1, Owner at Black Swan Inn Luxurious Theme Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2016

Thank you for taking the time to read this response. I realize that sometimes there are problems that arise at our facility, but I have to say that I am surprised that this guest submitted the review that she did. We work hard to accommodate our guests to make sure they have a good experience and when they don't, we will work with them to make it right.
Please allow me to address her comments:
1. When this person called for a reservation, she wanted to stay in the same room for all seven nights. There was only one room available all seven nights and so that is the room she chose. She asked for the business rate for all the nights. According to our website, the business rates are available only during the week with certain blackout dates. The receptionist who made the reservation is new and forgot about the policy and quoted her the business rate for every night. When she realized what she had done, she called me and asked if she should call the person back. I said "no" because it was our mistake and told her that we would honor the price that was quoted.
2. All of the rooms have a large tub and a shower.
3. Tuesday morning when I heard that the fridge was too cold, I replaced it and also put a thermometer in it so she could check the temperature and make sure it was the temperature that she wanted. I didn't get the message that she "demanded" a new fridge, it is just something that I would be glad to do for any of our guests.
4. Monday morning my friend called and informed me of the concern of the guest about needing to change rooms. I was happy to see what we could do to accommodate her. There was a wrestling tournament that weekend and all hotels were fully occupied, including ours. I called someone who had already made a reservation at our facility and offered them a free upgrade. They switched rooms with this guest which opened up the Enchanted Forest room. It didn't just magically become available. I talked about price with this guest and we were all in agreement. At the time, the guest seemed happy and appreciative with the arrangement that was made. When the guest checked out, we charged her exactly what we had agreed on and I thought the guest was happy that we were able to resolve her issues. That is why I was surprised with her review. After reading her review, I emailed her two days ago offering to work with her so she would feel like she was treated fairly. I haven't heard back from her which prompted me to write this reply.
I am truly sorry that this guest felt like she had a bad experience. We want everyone to have a good experience and we work hard to make it happen. As you can see from our other reviews, most of our guests think that the Black Swan Inn is a wonderful place to stay.
Larry Fisher

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pocatello
2.1 km away
The Harkness Hotel
#1 of 1 in McCammon
3.7 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites - Pocatello

Been to Black Swan Inn Luxurious Theme Suites? Share your experiences!