“Clean but scary surroundings.”
Review of Thunderbird Motel

Thunderbird Motel
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Pocatello
Reviewed 13 September 2017

We were traveling through Idaho to our destination of Salt Lake, Ut, when fatigue required us to stop in Pocatello. I had already searched out a good choice for hotel but was then presented with the Thunderbird as the first hotel we came upon while driving. I was not keen on it from the start. There were junky cars in the lot and the night clerk seemed nice but a bit out of sorts. We checked out the room and it was clean. Old Coffee cans served as ash trays outside the door of the room. There were people walking around the lot, which concerned us. All these things and we still stayed there. I placed the do not disturb tab on the door knob. I was not able to sleep well do to my worry of my surroundings. It was late and we were planning to sleep until at least 10:30 am. To our dismay someone came to our door at 9am and started pounding. We sent him away and 30 minutes later another person pounded on our door. Needless to say, I was not pleased with our stay at the Thunderbird.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Room was pretty big. No fridge, no microwave, no coffee maker, just basic hotel. Pretty clean. The only drawback is the surrounding, graveyard accross the street, and lots of fishy people hanging around. Will not go back.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2017

The young lady at the front desk was pleasant and very helpful. My first indication of this being a place to avoid was the obvious long-term residents on the second-floor smoking and drinking outdoors. A pickup truck below loaded with what looked like much of a family's possessions was another hint. Our room was plenty big enough. The carpet needed cleaning with spots everywhere. The bed was comfortable enough but too firm for me. There was a sink in the bathroom and one outside the bathroom. The sink outside the bathroom had a hard time draining. The toilet was newer and an obvious improvement over the original, but the flushing chain inside the tank came off so the toilet wouldn't flush. The bathroom had been updated a bit, but obviously dated. The shower valve wasn't the temperature regulating type, so my wife had to keep changing the hot water level when others in the building used any water. The A/C unit in the wall right next to the bed had a loud buzzing noise that would have kept me awake had I not been so tired from driving all day and had an earplug stuck in my ear. This place looks dated and dirty on the outside and dated on the inside. For a few dollars more, I'd look elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

You get what you pay for... no coffee machine, no fridge, no microwave and no breakfast. But we did have the company of a 1.5" spider! Stay somewhere else! The only good thing was the friendly girl at front desk.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2016

We've stayed here before, and we know it's a bare bones place - no refrigerator, microwave, etc. But this time they didn't even have a working ice machine. So no ice. For a few dollars more I'll stay somewhere else from now on.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family