Red Lion Hotel Pocatello
US$73
US$116
US$117
US$120
Super 8 by Wyndham Pocatello(Pocatello)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$80
US$85
US$107
Fairfield Inn
All reviewsmain levelclean placethe wi fian older hotelpocatello areaoff the highwaybed was very comfortableloungeshampoomattressespet
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I enjoy staying at this hotel anytime I go up to play bingo at the Fort Hall Casino. Which is only one exit further north from the Red Lion Hotel Pocatello. The staff here is so very nice, and welcoming from check in to check out. My whole family stays here and they always get us rooms that are next door or adjoining. With our purpose to play bingo til the late hours, we find that the night staff are always happy to see you and take the time to say hello. It's also nice that the pool is indoors, making it so that no matter the weather you can dip in and enjoy some splash time. i recommend this hotel any time you are in the Pocatello area!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Old, tired, needs a big remodel. First room noisy by pool. Second room very smoky smell.
Did not stay. Desk folks were nice. Good location but decided to go to another
Hotel. I have nothing more to say on this hotel.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank John M
DavMalon, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Pocatello, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thank you for your comments. I am very sorry to hear the experience you had with us was disappointing. We review every guest comment and address each of them with our team to ensure we are doing everything we can to create a memorable experience. I am sorry this did not happen. Our goal is to provide a comfortable stay to every guest.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

I arrived to Pocatello to purchase a car and needed a convient, affordable place to stay. The staff and service were great and they offered me a AAA which got me out the door for $90, including tax. There is a bar, pool table, restaurant, and jaccuzzi all right there. They have very spacious, super clean room. Everything hit the mark, including the price!

Room Tip: I think most ground level rooms have walk out access to the pool:)
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Choose this hotel out of the AAA guide book. There are newer hotels in town that look much better. Red Lion is old and it shows. Exterior needs painting. Rooms are minimal. Wall type air cooler for air conditioner. Sheets on bed seemed dingy and a old blanket. I did not want it to touch my skin. The pillows were cheap and lumpy.
Interior corridors are not air conditioned, and the weather outside is 88 degrees. T.V. is old with bad reception. Indoor pool area was extremely warm and uncomfortable. The second day we were at the hotel, there was no housekeeping. We went to the front desk to complain and get clean towels and a man who had just checked in came back to the front desk and reported the room he was given was not clean. The area for dogs was ok!! the grass was green, soft and clean. $5.00 for complimentary breakfast. Restaurant is really tables in the dimly lit lounge/bar, serviced by the bartender. Food was so-so. Not sure what kind of beef was in that hamburger. something processed. Front desk is really a counter set to the side of large room filled with comfortable chairs. Pool is ADA equipped. Desk staff was polite and well presented. Housekeeping staff did not present well at all. No wonder the rooms were dirty. Bathroom is very small and old. No refrigerator or microwave in room. So in my opinion, two thumbs down and bring your sanitary wipes.

Room Tip: There are rooms over looking the pool that open up to a small balcony but the area is extremely warm. If you don't mind sitting in the humidity at least you have something that opens to the ambient air. Rooms on the first floor, don't have to climb stairs. Hallways are long and have no air conditioning.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Regina C
DavMalon, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Pocatello, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

The experience you had with your stay is extremely disappointing. I am very sorry for the issues you encountered as they were clearly not up to our standard. We review every guest comment and address each of them with our staff and team leaders. Our goal is to provide a comfortable stay to every guest and clearly we failed to do that during your stay. Please be assured that the issues you experienced will be looked into and addressed accordingly.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Need a room while passing thru Pocatello and gave me great rate. Room was very clean with a superb bed. Next time in Pocatello, I will know where to stay. Good location. Easy access on and off Interstate 15.

• Stayed: August 2013