“Sleeping with the bugs. No thanks.”

Red Lion Hotel Pocatello
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Pocatello
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I almost never write reviews because usually the stay is ok. This time, however, I am going to take my time to write one as this was by far the worst stay ever. I have stayed at one star hotels before and this one, though rated as three star, was way worse than any one star hotel I have ever stayed at. I am attaching a picture of the creature sitting on my pillow as I was getting ready for bed. We called the front desk who told us to come to pick up keys from different hotel room. We suggested they may want to come get rid of this bug while it is sitting on the pillow but they couldn't care less (someone else will get to enjoy his company).
We got offered free breakfast ($12 value) to make up for it. No apology, let alone dropping the charge for the hotel room. The room we switched had missing battery in the remote and wasn't very clean either -- so the poor hotel management is definitely a pattern here. We asked front desk person to have manager call us when he gets to work to sort this out, but have never received a call. I was worried all night long about the bug crawling on me, so I couldn't sleep. Avoid this hotel at all costs. You better off staying at Motel6.

Room Tip: No good room here.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lilynka
DavMalon, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Pocatello, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

I would like to thank you for your review! All feedback, good or bad, assists us in making our guests stay more comfortable. I would like to truly apologize for your guest room situation and lack of follow through regarding it. It is always our intent to respond immediately to guest issues and I am sorry that we failed to do so. This is definitely not the type of stay we want our guests to have. Again, thank you for addressing these concerns and I hope we have to opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I enjoy staying at this hotel anytime I go up to play bingo at the Fort Hall Casino. Which is only one exit further north from the Red Lion Hotel Pocatello. The staff here is so very nice, and welcoming from check in to check out. My whole family stays here and they always get us rooms that are next door or adjoining. With our purpose to play bingo til the late hours, we find that the night staff are always happy to see you and take the time to say hello. It's also nice that the pool is indoors, making it so that no matter the weather you can dip in and enjoy some splash time. i recommend this hotel any time you are in the Pocatello area!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Old, tired, needs a big remodel. First room noisy by pool. Second room very smoky smell.
Did not stay. Desk folks were nice. Good location but decided to go to another
Hotel. I have nothing more to say on this hotel.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank John M
DavMalon, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Pocatello, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thank you for your comments. I am very sorry to hear the experience you had with us was disappointing. We review every guest comment and address each of them with our team to ensure we are doing everything we can to create a memorable experience. I am sorry this did not happen. Our goal is to provide a comfortable stay to every guest.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

I arrived to Pocatello to purchase a car and needed a convient, affordable place to stay. The staff and service were great and they offered me a AAA which got me out the door for $90, including tax. There is a bar, pool table, restaurant, and jaccuzzi all right there. They have very spacious, super clean room. Everything hit the mark, including the price!

Room Tip: I think most ground level rooms have walk out access to the pool:)
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Choose this hotel out of the AAA guide book. There are newer hotels in town that look much better. Red Lion is old and it shows. Exterior needs painting. Rooms are minimal. Wall type air cooler for air conditioner. Sheets on bed seemed dingy and a old blanket. I did not want it to touch my skin. The pillows were cheap and lumpy.
Interior corridors are not air conditioned, and the weather outside is 88 degrees. T.V. is old with bad reception. Indoor pool area was extremely warm and uncomfortable. The second day we were at the hotel, there was no housekeeping. We went to the front desk to complain and get clean towels and a man who had just checked in came back to the front desk and reported the room he was given was not clean. The area for dogs was ok!! the grass was green, soft and clean. $5.00 for complimentary breakfast. Restaurant is really tables in the dimly lit lounge/bar, serviced by the bartender. Food was so-so. Not sure what kind of beef was in that hamburger. something processed. Front desk is really a counter set to the side of large room filled with comfortable chairs. Pool is ADA equipped. Desk staff was polite and well presented. Housekeeping staff did not present well at all. No wonder the rooms were dirty. Bathroom is very small and old. No refrigerator or microwave in room. So in my opinion, two thumbs down and bring your sanitary wipes.

Room Tip: There are rooms over looking the pool that open up to a small balcony but the area is extremely warm...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Regina C
DavMalon, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Pocatello, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

The experience you had with your stay is extremely disappointing. I am very sorry for the issues you encountered as they were clearly not up to our standard. We review every guest comment and address each of them with our staff and team leaders. Our goal is to provide a comfortable stay to every guest and clearly we failed to do that during your stay. Please be assured that the issues you experienced will be looked into and addressed accordingly.