“Older motel”

Red Lion Hotel Pocatello
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Pocatello
Reviewed 21 September 2017

This is an older motel but in a great location. I like the tile floors and the bed was very comfortable. The room was very large. The AC did not work very well. The breakfast was not worth the money...don't purchase it! There's a Perkins restaurant across the street that has good food.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
NDhaliwal, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Pocatello, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Thank you for the review, I will get with my maintenance team and discuss the issues that you faced during your stay.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

During our stay someone opened the locked door to our room. When I went to speak to the manager about what had just happened, I was told the manager would not be on site until 11:30 am (30 minutes after check out time). So I called Red Lion's Guest Relations, it was fives days later when I received a boiler plate apology email from the Pocatello GM. I do not get the impression that the Pocatello site management or Red Lion Guest Relations is taking this matter seriously. In addition to the breach of security/privacy, there was still coffee and coffee grounds in the in room coffee maker from a previous guest, there was hair on the bathroom counter and shower walls and the exhaust fan in the bathroom did not work.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your comments, we had talked earlier about the situation. I am sorry to hear about your stay. We will continue to work hard to satisfy all of our guests. We hope that you will give us another chance in the future

Reviewed 5 September 2017

The Red Lion in Pocatello has too many thinigs out of order . . . and is cutting costs in many other ways.

Out of order signs were on the ground floor ice machine, the guest washing machine and one of the three exercise machines in the mini-gym. A guest who said he travels for business said the ice machine was also out of order when he came through three weeks earlier.

The breakfast cost us $10 more per person than the regular room rate. There was no fruit out so I asked a young lady attendant if there was any fruit and she said "there's fruit in the yogurt." There wer flecks of something blue in the large bowl of blue yogurt.

The wifi is insufficient in the evening when people are just checking in. It took four attempts at logging in to get through.

At the pool, the dirty towels bin was full, but there were no clean towels on the many shelves for them.

We splattered some water on the bathroom floor, so I set down a couple of paper towels to mop it up and they came up brown with dirt.

Whern you run the microwave and the TV at the same sime, it trips the power. But, you can reach behind the TV and reset the power strip.

They used to offer a national newspaper, but in September 2017, just the local one.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the review, we are sorry about the issues that you faced during your stay. I will get with my maintenance team to fix the issues you had.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

Check in was normal. Fairly quick even. Traveling with a 5 year old grandson, so we had extra things with us to get to the room. Once inside and settling in for the night I went to wash my face and hands. That's where it began. The bathroom area was not in anyway clean. The tub/shower were nasty, the sink area had not been cleaned and minor as it sounds, the waste basket was full as well. Certainly not what you expect to find after arriving at your hotel room. The refrigerator also had not been checked. It was full of opened beverages. So, I grabbed the full waste basket and headed to the front desk to just ask for something to clean the bathroom with and an empty waste basket. Figured it would be easier to just do it myself considering the time of night that it was. They declined my request and said they would take care of it right away. Right away meant almost an hour. But, a very nice young lady came and was very apologetic and took care of the issues. Great! I was ready to shower and go to bed by then. Exiting the shower after finishing, I stepped into a flooded bathroom. Wonderful! What next? Using half of the towels provided, I mopped up the water that had pooled all over the floor. Finally, our day was done and tried to turn the air conditioner down while we slept and don't ya know, it wouldn't turn off, change temperature, turn fan off, nothing. Try calling the front desk again from the hotel room and no answer. Tried again and nothing. After the 3rd time with no luck I called from my cell phone and finally someone answered. Explained the reason for the call and was told that somebody would be there right away. Knowing what right away meant to them, I figured it would be a bit before somebody showed up. At almost 1:00am there was a knock on the door. Close to 2 hours after I contacted the front desk! The woman tried everything to fix the AC and like us, was unable to so, she just unplugged the unit.Great! Good night! All 3 of us were drenched in sweat when we woke up, because the AC had been unplugged earlier. Disaster from the minute we entered our room for the night. We will never go back to the Red Lion in Pocatello.

Stayed: July 2017

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry to hear about the issues that you faced during your stay. I will get with my housekeeping team to discuss these issues and resolve them.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

The carpet in our room was dirty. The toilet seat was broken, we asked to have it replaced and they did not replace it.They served poor coffee and juice was watered down... tasted like flavored water.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your comments. You will be happy to hear that we have replaced all the carpets in the rooms and are getting ready to do even more updates. We hope that you will be back to see the exciting new changes.