“Ok place to stay. ”
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Pocatello
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Staff was very nice, we got a great rate as we were there for a funeral. Room was ok nothing fancy. The comforter on the bed had cigarette burns on it. Gross. Nice big pool area, but the hot tub was not hot :(
No fan in the bathroom. Breakfast in the little restaurant was good, you get quite a bit of food for a good price.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed at the Pocatello Clarion Inn 4 nights and was pleased. The hotel itself was worn and dated, but clean. The pool and public area are very nice and gave us a wonderful place to bring grandchildren for an afternoon swim. I dealt with Ayla at check in and every day I was there. She started by making sure I had the room placement and type I needed, making a suggestion that was perfect. When I had a plugged tub drain the first morning she made sure it was taken care of before I returned later in the day. When ever I stopped to thank her, or make a request she was helpful and very pleasant. She is a gem!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Ashley H, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to fill out our online survey! We appreciate any and all feedback!

I am so happy Ayla was able to take care of you! She is definitely a gem! We are actually in motion for a remodel in November! Hoping you will get to stay with us when we get our rooms remodeled!

Thanks a bunch!
-Ashley H.
Clarion Inn

Reviewed 10 September 2017

I spent several days here and can quite confidently tell you that it is one of the worst places I've stayed regarding customer service. By that I mean, reception check-in and check-out times excessive, (during these times, I've heard phone ring for 10 min), restaurant inefficient at best..they disappear behind kitchen wall to seemingly never return, the piece-mill menu, drink order, meal order, bill....lounge, equally slow...Barmaid spends more time playing pool, drinking beer w friends, smoking outside, then making public proclamation that someone didn't tip her enough...nex, I've had issues with Internet connection n back oF bldg..so I ask specifically on check-in if fixed..assured no problems..I type this now on cell phone connection bc no wifi...finally, check out; I've been given a very cold shallow reception...all this said, ive had good experiences in each of these areas..(honorable mention for good service to, Madyson, Paige, (1 more on front desk), bar supervisor, and Harley in restaurant)...the pool area is great, and good recreation...but only accessible 9am-10pm..UPDATE: generally Tripadvisor doesn't want another review on same place within 3 months but I had to remove and edit, repost bc I've stayed here again for business and seen marked improvement in all areas, especially lounge barmaid previously mentioned. She has apparently been guided and she is one of the most attentive...great work!

Stayed: August 2017
Ashley H, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Thank you for allowing us to provide you with the superior service that we know we can. We appreciate you and your business and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 3 September 2017

Arrived at the 4:00 check in time after a long day on the road. A long line at the desk.
When got to the front of the line, told our room and many more were not ready, and come back in 30 min. One hour later, longer line and room still not ready. Busses arrived and only 1/2 of their rooms ready. Finally got a room, not the kind reserved, after 6:00.

Talking to housekeeping, they were extremely understaffed, and mgt. did not call in extra staff.

Room itself was outdated. Tub/shower had discoloration. Bed had furrows.

Avoid this hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ozziethebird
Reviewed 28 August 2017

We stayed here on August 20th, the night before the total eclipse. They had been full for months and had plenty of time to prepare. But our room, as well as most other people's there, was not ready at check in time of 3pm. Nor was it ready at 7pm. Many people were just hanging out in the lobby waiting. But luckily, we found an excellent brew pub in town and had a nice dinner. Finally, at 9pm, the room was clean and ready. The excuse was the manager hadn't planned to have enough cleaning people for the rooms. Really? On the busiest day in Eastern Idaho's history?

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple