“Closed”

Cuisines: Delicatessen, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This place is no longer there. It's been replaced with a Thai/Sushi restaurant. Sorry. Will miss it, but I guess a lot of people missed it, and that's why it isn't there anymore!

Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

We, a family of four, enjoyed hot sandwiches for lunch on a cold fall day in this quite and charming place. We dubbed it a "cafebrary" as it is both a cafe, library and bookstore. We came for the food. The Readery serves a good selection of hot and cold sandwiches that came with either chips or salad. We had both. The hot sandwiches were good and costed around $10. Chips were thick and crunchy and the salad was tasty. The atmosphere add to the food a we can only recommend the Readery.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Michael and Katie's love for their place in life is evident in the friendly "hello!" offered as you come in the door of thier eatery. I sipped on truly one of the best cups of Mocha I have ever had! It offered enough expresso to know I was drinking a coffee and not just hot chocolate - and enough sweet chocolate and cream to make it a treat! We enjoyed breakfast (scones, eggs-sausage-hashbrowns-biscuits-gravy, omelette, and did I mention the scones?) served in an environment that invited us to sit awhile with a book and visit with our friends. I thumbed through the pages of, "Why do we like thin skinned watermelons but not thinskinned people?" a funny yet thoughtful book of "life" questions written by a local author --- but, they have an assundry of other genre books on bookshelves around the place to choose from. We are looking forward to our next visit to Sandpoint and the opportunity to try LUNCH at this quiet liittle cafe with the good eats and neat books.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I had heard good things from the locals about The Readery, and all of it was true. First, the place is much bigger than it appears from the street, and it is much brighter than I thought it would be. The staff is welcoming and makes delicious soups, salads and sandwiches. I've heard that breakfast (served until 11:30) is fabulous, so I'll have to come back next weekend.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

I was able to enjoy a hot ham sandwich with a cop of the butternut squash soup for a late lunch last weekend. The sandwich was toasty, flavorful, and satisfying. I love butternut squash soup...and this was a winner. It had a nice creamy consistency and good spice notes. I think I can definitely say fall is on it's way.

Here is a confession: I have an incurable sweet tooth...I mean if it were OK to just east desserts and candy for meals I would. When I saw a basket case with scones and coffee cake I had to have some. The coffee cake was unreal-spiced pear, moist, tangy, awesome streusel...I couldn't stop shoving it in my face. Bonus for having a lunch buddy and getting to try the blueberry scone too!

I think the atmosphere of this cafe was perfect for an afternoon spent chatting and catching up-quiet background music, not too brightly lit but the sun filters in nicely, lots of room between tables so you aren't sitting in on the adjoining tables conversation. Oh-and if you have time, check out their books. They have quite a collection available to read while sitting or to buy if you so feel the urge.