See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 October 2019

The cabins looked ok from the outside, but the inside was not maintained at all. The blankets and comforters on the beds were worn and torn. Carpet was filthy dirty, and we were charged $130 a night with taxes.

Room tip: I don't know what I can say that would be helpful. the price $130 a night, you have to be kidding..
Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed 3 September 2019 via mobile

$170 rate turned into $421
Stopped at Stanley visitor center to get motel info. Saw Redwood Cabin in the center's brochure with a range of $70-$105/cabin. Tried to call Redwood-no answer.
Rode to site and talked to a nice young man who was there on a foreign worker visa. English was obviously his second language.
He quoted us $170. I made sure he agreed this was the combined total for both cabins. We agreed but received no paperwork and I signed nothing.
I should have been suspicious when the owner came out back where were sitting to bisit but never mentioned cabin rate.
I decided to check bill before leaving the next day and owner said it was $421.
He offered to drop it about $50.
I told him I would dispute with VISA and left.
VISA informs me once I give cc info, I'm stuck for whatever merchant decides unless I have paperwork.
LESSON LEARNED! Sorry this so long.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank FY41
Reviewed 2 August 2019 via mobile

Our room was very outdated and in need of repairs. Only one outlet would hold a plug in. I did wipe the bathroom with a Clorox Wipe and it was clean. After a day of hiking hard, we were ready for a good nights sleep. The beds are awful, almost like sleeping on a board. No one in the family slept...at all. If it weren’t for the view and the river out back I would have given this 1 star.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Ugiech
Reviewed 19 September 2018

Greg is a fantastic host, and the cabins are a great price given the location, BUT a soiled spot on the bedspread does not give much comfort. And filthy spots all over the floor, bathroom linoleum in bad need of upgrading downgrade my review. It's too bad, because you won't find a nice location or host.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Stephen E
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

This cabin was filthy dirty. The floor was spongy from rot. No water pressure so it took forever to get wet in the shower. Worst place we have ever stayed. We left a day early even though it was paid for rather than have to sleep there a second night. Huge disappointment!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Trail56743