“Good stuff”
Review of Vesecky's Bakery

Vesecky's Bakery
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Berwyn
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I Work in the area. I have been going there for years. Small family owned place that has been open for decades. The store it self is modest, but the pastries are excellent. I love there almond breakfast pastries. I have never found better.

1  Thank S249DNryanh

Reviewed 11 July 2017

We bought the decorated Easter Bunny. It was a little expensive but well worth it. Delicious. They are an old fashioned bakery. Everything I have purchased has been good.

1  Thank Deee49
Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

My grandmother came to America from Prague when she was 8. I learned to make her dumplings and home made sauerkraut. She never taught anyone her poppyseed kolach recipe. This is the only place I have been able to find one that matches hers. We go out of our way to get it when we are in town.

2  Thank luvrknrll
Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

It looks like a store from my childhood in Eastern Europe. The stuff they sell looks authentic, but the rohliki are very different from what they should be. Kolachky with poppy seeds are nice, but the jam things are way too sweet for any non-American. I mean, I do like sweet things, just American things are way to sweet for me.
Overall, even if this place is not exactly the same as it would be in Prague, but it brings good memories of Eastern Europe:)

1  Thank Sinaida C
Reviewed 29 May 2017

We were travelling with family from Florida. My mother in law told us about a bakery she went to as a child and the fond memories she had of it. We decided to drive over from Chicago to see if it was there and still as good as she remembered. I can honestly say this was one of the highlights of our entire trip. The bakery staff was so friendly and gave us a little history. It was the same bakery that she had gone to as a child and we bought several luscious treats.. almost one of everything... I was in heaven. Everything was so fresh and good.. its hard to pick just one thing. The Kolaczki's were amazing and we got a HO HO.... wow you'll not be disappointed with that.... Well worth the drive over...

1  Thank SGR536