I stayed here the first weekend in December for my family's first Cousins Girls Weekend Staycation. Over all the stay was a pleasanter stay even though we had tons of issues... I booked 2 hotels rooms for 6 people. The first hotel room was very very cold. We called and the maintenance staff came to the room to look at it and all they did was flip a switch and left. That night the room got even colder. Of course we complained to the front desk and was given free breakfast. AT the restaurant onsite we went down to get the breakfast buffett only to discover that they dont do the buffet on Saturdays... what we were told. So we all ordered an entree and a beverage. On TWO separate plates there was a long hair on the potatoes. The server and manager of the restaurant was nice enough to take the food back and bring fresh food. After breakfast we decided to ask for a different room. When we were ready to be transported to a new room we called the Front Desk for a bell hop and I waited about 25-30 minutes and they still did not show. After 30 minutes house keeping came to the door and told me that I needed to leave the room so her lady can come in and clean! I informed her that I called for a bell hop and as soon as he shows up then I will leave. She then informed me that I needed to leave now! She was so rude, it was basically an empty hotel and she was rushing us. I finally called again for the bell hop and explained the situation and the lady was nice and polite and apologized and he came right up. The second set of rooms were the same layout. However Once again one of the rooms didn't have the heat working. This time when the maintenance man came he went in the ceiling and reset and fixed some things and made sure it was working. Front desk called us to make sure everything was ok since we had so many problems.
ON Sunday when we went to check out we asked if we could the brunch since we had so many issues and was told no.. then we were told that we had to speak to her manager. Once the manager came and spoke to us She decided to comp one of the rooms for us for both nights. The front desk staff was friendly and professional and willing to accommodate. The housekeeping staff needs to be retrained and take some classes on how to speak to people.
Like I said overall it was a good stay. The beds were comfortable and the connecting rooms were nice. I would stay here again in the near future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rest your eyes on the lush grounds of Hilton Chicago Indian Lakes, set on 260 acres in DuPage County. Located just 28 miles from downtown Chicago and 30 minutes from O’Hare Airport, this hotel blends the comfort of hospitality with the vast landscape of the Midwest prairie. Experience the balance of Chicago-cosmopolitan and natural vistas in an iconic setting offering oversized guest rooms, scrumptious dining options, free shuttle within 3 miles and the great amenities our guests expect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Chicago Indian Lakes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Chicago/Indian Lakes Hotel Bloomingdale
- Hilton Hotel Bloomingdale
- Indian Lakes Hotel
- Indian Lake Resort Bloomingdale