1,102 results
All reviewsmini golfgolf coursethe cave baroutdoor poolfrank lloyd wrightbreakfast buffethot tubnice resortbit datedchicago areafitness centeratriumshirazoctagonweddingmeetingevent
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I return here every year to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The Cave bar at Indian Lakes is under new management and Vincent, the bartender, is amazing! He has really added some nice touches to this fun little gem of a bar! He chose a playlist that makes you feel like you've walked into the Caribbean and has an amazing ability to mix drinks that taste like vacation! We had an amazing time here! The hotel is nice too! :)

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Howdaniel
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

To begin I checked into the hotel dropped my bags to get a drink of water before heading back out to Walmart. I picked up the supposedly clean glass covered with a white covering and there was a sticky residue inside the glass. The wall paper was peeling up, the paint in the windowsill was chipped up, the lamp cover was stained, and to top it off the game room that is being advertised has been closed since 2016. Needles to say do not waste your money or time!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
17  Thank Mrshardy2006
Reviewed 20 March 2018

I stayed at this hotel a few times when it was run by Hilton and had no problems at all. However now, since it is under new management and is no longer a "resort" as all the amenities are gone. The restaurant, Speak easy and Spa are all closed permanently making it hardly worth the trouble unless you're visiting relatives in the area and have nowhere else to stay. The staff is rude and the place needs major renovations. Went for my niece and nephews birthday weekend. The front desk manager knocked on the door and flat out accused us of smoking marijuana and we were told to leave without a refund. No one in my family smokes ANYTHING especially marijuana. She declined to come into the room to inspect for herself as we wanted to show her that she had made a mistake and perhaps what she thought she smelled was coming from another room. She then called police who also declined to look into our room ,but also stated there was no evidence of anyone smoking anything in the room. Instead of saving face and offering an apology, she doubled down and removed us from the hotel without just cause. Safe to say that neither I, my family nor anyone I get the word out to will EVER stay at this place again.

Room Tip: Get a room close to what you'll use most (pool, bar etc.) otherwise you'll be walking through corridors like crazy as the layout sucks.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
19  Thank D J
Reviewed 7 March 2018

When pulling onto property, thought it was back of hotel but it was main entry door. Peeling paint outside. Parking lot riddled with potholes. Restaurant closed down. Pool area dark and dirty. Signs with room numbers outside rooms had fallen off and hand written with permanent markers. Moldy caulk around tub. Terrible experience.

Stayed: March 2018
17  Thank Candy J
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed one night at Indian Lakes hotel with my young son as a quick mom/son trip to go swimming. I had been eyeing a Groupon that was for $69/night. I was a little worried due to mixed reviews.
We arrived around 3 and were greeted at reception by very nice young woman who was kind, polite and engaging with my son.
Our room 252 was much larger than I anticipated. It was cleaner than I thought it would be and seemed the bathrooms had been recently updated within the last 5 years or so. There was some water damage around a window but nothing that I couldn’t overlook. The pool was very big with a kids slide and a separate hot tub. The architecture in the hotel and pool is quite beautiful. I bet this place was absolutely stunning in its heyday. We did not eat on premises but had ubereats delivered to the room. Overall this is s great value for the price. It’s a charming hotel and for the price would stay again!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family