“Great place for good food with upscale feel”

Mago Grill & Cantina
Reserve with OpenTable
Mago Grill & Cantina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 159 Restaurants in Bolingbrook
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: I355 & Boughton Road
Description: New location.
Reviewed 9 August 2017

I always enjoy coming to Mago's when I want a great tableside guacamole and a beautiful and flavorful meal. I have to Mago's several times and I have to say that the food never disappoints. I ordered a coconut mole one time and had a nice carne asada another. The food always has tons of flavor and the servers are very attentive. I personally like taking the family when they have a Trio playing, because it helps complete the Old Town Mexico vibe. the weekends can be hard to get in because it gets pretty packed. Prices can be a bit on the expensive side for a full family, but for date night it's great. They have a great variety of Tequila drinks as well, however the pricey pear drink I ordered was a bit on the sweet side for me. Overall I still love coming to Mago's for that feel of a downtown Chicago Mexican restaurant without leaving Bolingbrook.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

The food and service is very good. My dinner was very tasty. The chips and salsa were never ending. But the place is too loud. We had to shout to hear each other.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Don't expect traditional chips and salsa. They give you great chips with three salsa's to choose from. They are individually unique and great mixed together. They do have traditional items on the menu, but everything is fresh made to order with a gourmet flair! The drinks are good and they have a small outdoor seating area you can enjoy as well. I have had the Taco Salad and the Enchiladas both which were excellent! I would definitely return!

Reviewed 28 July 2017

We met friends for dinner here recently. Good location in open mall area with street parking or nearby parking lot. Nice decor but nothing to absorb the sounds in the fairly small dining space. A mariachi band was playing in the full restaurant and the noise level was so high we couldn't carry on a decent conversation. Food was good, especially the guacamole prepared fresh table-side. Limited outdoor dining. Not sure we'll return.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Two friends and I met for lunch at Mago and had a thoroughly enjoyable time. We arrived at 11:45 before the crowds. We shared tableside guacamole, which was delicious. The preparer had a glass for tips, so we felt obligated to provide one.

We each ordered our own entrees -- my two friends each had salad, and I ordered two chicken tacos--one with a corn tortillas, one with a flour tortilla. I liked the flour tortilla more. The food was perfectly portioned for me. My friends had leftovers. We had a fun lunch and enjoyed the atmosphere.