“Dinner ”

Fujiyama's Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 124 Restaurants in Carbondale
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

The best selection of sushi rolls in Southren Illinois. Fantastic Hibachi grill show. Food is wonderful.

Reviewed 12 February 2017

Service was great, fast. Atmosphere was wonderful. Sushi roll appetizers were spectacular. All the food had great flavor, fried rice, Lo Mein noodles, salad, soup were all excellent. Hibachi chicken however was very rubbery, had good flavor from the grill, but could not eat the meat. Left entire serving at plate, told waitress who said would tell manager. No response, no solution, just paid for our meals and we both left our plates of entrée there. Given how good the service was, and the Volcano Roll and rice/ noodles being good, may consider trying again sometime. May have just been a fluke that the chicken did not turn out that time.

Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

This is a very nice restaurant in Carbondale. The sushi rolls are reasonably priced and their meats, chicken, beef, and shrimp are very flavorful. If you are hungry for combination fried rice, their house fried rice is pretty good. I will to make it spicy the next time. I could use a little heat because it has none. I will be back.

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

I go to "Fuji's" about twice a month and it is always fantastic. I always get the hibachi entrees, usually the steak or chicken, but I have also gotten the Filet Mignon. Can't go wrong either way. I'm not a vegetable person so I always get double noodles instead and they are always fine with that. I'm not a sushi person but all my friends love their sushi. One tip, if you do sit at the hibachi tables where they cook in front of you, I recommend ordering steak a grade below what you want (Example, order medium if you want medium well). They tend to overcook. Make sure you try the "sexy" sauce too!

Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

Great place to go!! Love the Bento box at lunch. It is everything you could want and more! You ALWAYS leave full and smiling!!! Great place to take the family show or no show...makes no difference...its always great with great service!!!