“A Delicious dinner”

Hunan Village
Ranked #9 of 125 Restaurants in Carbondale
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: 618-529-1108. Locally owned moderately upscale Chinese restaurant. Good tea smoked duck. Nice atmosphere. Large menu.
Reviewed 18 May 2016

We had a great dinner- the drinks were good and the food was very tasty. Things marked spicy really were not- so if you want spicy, be sure to ask for it.
The Honey Walnut shrimp were huge, crispy, and perfectly cooked. The potstickers were also perfectly cooked.
We had a flaming drink for 2, which was kitsch, but not very alcoholic...LOL. Have been here before and would definitely return.

Reviewed 22 March 2016 via mobile

Stopped at this place on our way through Carbondale. We were very impressed buy the service and the food did not disappoint! Definitely worth a stop.

Reviewed 22 March 2016

Hunan is a tried and true, long-time establishment in Carbondale. Despite its location, on the inside, it's an upscale and intimate dining experience. The food is excellent and the wait staff is extremely polite and professional. Hunan has been a favorite of the community for quite some time. They are very welcoming to small groups or professional events in a separate banquet room for no charge.

Reviewed 7 December 2015

This place has the best quality for Chinese food in Carbondale, overall I think they target people that are already working or people that want to dine. I only go during lunch since the price is much cheaper for lunch. The food is authentic and you have different choices, never tried dining in and ordering the dishes, but lots of professors recommend it. One time they mixed up my order, and I told them the next time I went, they gave me a free food and charged only the soup. The service is great, as I mentioned I think they target business meetings and more formal dining.
At night it can get quite expensive, but they do have bigger portion. If they were cheaper I would give 5 stars.

Reviewed 6 November 2015

The food is delicious and wonderfully presented. The owner and staff are wonderful, friendly folks who care about their customers. This is the standard for any Chinese food in Southern Illinois and they set the bar high! Enjoy!

1  Thank Jeff S