“Best sushi in town!!!”

Kaya Korean & Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 130 Restaurants in Carbondale
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Korean
Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

If you love sushi, Kaya is the place for sure!!! It is by far the best sushi restaurant in the area!! We have only had sushi at Kaya but friends and family rave about their entrees! The manager is very kind and welcoming and will do her best to make sure your visit is top notch! We love Kaya and cant wait to return!!!

Reviewed 16 June 2016

This restaurant made me very happy two nights in a row on my trip to Carbondale. Dolsot bibimbap to die for. Its such a perfectly balanced meal. And very nice owner/manager who made me feel very welcome. It is really authentic Korean food. Highly recommended.

1  Thank katy h
Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

We've been to Kaya many times and it's always been great! The food is fantastic, and the manager is so sweet. Many of the tables have a grill in the center if you're feeling fancy. I highly recommend the lunch bento boxes. Tofu is our favorite.

Reviewed 7 December 2015

It is really hard to find "real" Asian food in Carbondale since most food are modified to fit American taste, when I visited this place, I was surprised that they offer authentic Korean food. The majority of the customer there the day I visited were Asians as well, I talked to the owner and chef, they do target Asian customers. One thing about it is that it is kind of pricey being right next to the college, I would consider this place dining in a restaurant, not a place to grab something cheap to eat. They do have sushi and the chef does know his food. The Kinchi beef is nice to have during the winter. Overall I liked the food, had it been a little bit cheaper, I would give it 5 stars.

Reviewed 24 November 2015

Very simple, attractive decor. My first impression was a calm, uncrowded atmosphere. The uncrowded aspect is important to me. I use a walker. I would not hesitate to visit were I in my wheelchair.
Wonderful menu, well laid out, easy to read, good descriptions of the listings. Nice variety of choices in Korean and Japanese cuisine. The sushi menu looked extensive to me and when we found out it is buy one, get one 1/2 off, 3 of us ordered take home. Can't comment on that yet! I'll add that after lunch at home today!

The staff was friendly, but professional. Knowledgable about the menu and very helpful with answering questions not answered by the menu descriptions. The service was efficient.

When our order arrived, the food was beautifully presented. And it was as delicious as it was beautiful! The portions were generous. Oh, yes, we ordered the dumpling appetizer. Very good, But a free refill appetizer tray is standard for each table. It includes kimchi, radish, tofu and several other items.

Our server was very good about remaining attentive to our needs.

All in all, it was a wonderful dining experience! In fact, several,
(maybe all of us!) plan to return later this week. There's plenty of interesting variety on the menu to keep us going back again and again! Of course then we'll keep going back for more of those items that become our fav's!

I think that if you try Kaya, it will become one of your Carbondale favorites!