Best Western Saluki Inn(Carbondale)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$75
Hotels.com
  • Free Internet
US$50
All reviewsfront deskdunkin donutscontinental breakfastroom was cleansolar eclipsewould stay here againmy sonsiu campusmoteldanishmallilmicrowaveinternettelevisionchannelsuniversity
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Room was very clean and comfortable. Got a ground floor room upon request and really appreciated that. The receptionist however, was the most discourteous person we have encountered in a long time. We had a great meal at a local restaurant and I told my wife that we should have taken the desk receptionist with us so she could learn a little about good customer service. Would have given four stars had it not been for rudeness.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Christina S, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Carbondale, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Thank You for staying at our hotel in Carbondale. I do apologize that the desk clerk was rude upon arrival. I will be addressing the issue. Thank You for bringing this to my attention. I do apologize once again for the desk clerk. Again I want to thank you for staying with us and I hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

Was traveling through and needed on the Spot lodging.
After reviewing several motels, and getting some pretty gross reviews, was pretty apprehensive about staying at any in the area. Overall Our Room was Clean and had a Comfy Bed; but the towels were rough, thin and small. Would have expected better. Two negatives.
1. Being I called 10 minutes prior to check in, gave the desk clerk my information, and she quoted a price. Walked through the door with same information and she tried to charge me 10$ more. I said I just spoke with you on the phone and she acted like I hadn't talked with her.
2. NO Elevator.. We had a room on the 3rd floor. We both have mobility issues navigating 2 flights of stairs, with luggage was not a Joy... And she acted like she could care less, and didn't even offer to check to see if anything else was available.

Room Tip: Read the reviews.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Christina S, Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Carbondale, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Thank You for choosing our hotel to stay at. I do apologize for the rudeness of the Front Desk clerk. I will be addressing this immediately. Thank You for bringing this to my attention. I want to Thank You again for staying here and I do apologize again. I hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I regularly come back to this hotel, because I feel welcome and find my cozy room and the location I like; good stores, a great bookstore Barnes & Noble and several good restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo