“Fun Family Dinner”

Dining options: After-hours
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Gary and Lies
Reviewed 1 July 2017

My cousin's wife suggested this restaurant as a place to enjoy a good fish fry......
so off we went. They were Friday night busy, but we were seated quickly and got drinks within just minutes. I asked our server (John) if they had flavored iced teas and he said "Mango..or I could make you strawberry." I chose to go with the strawberry and whatever he did, it was delicious !! My husband (not much of a fish eater) had the mac & cheese burger..he said it was great....I had a salad with grilled chicken and it was a perfect size....big pieces of chicken, hard cooked eggs, bacon.. just the right amount of honey dijon dressing...very nice presentation. John checked back with us several times to make sure everything was okay....as did another man, who I assume was the manager. They really wanted us to be happy with what we had chosen....
For those who need to be entertained while they eat, there were quite a few TV's in the room with various ball games on.. Parking is plentiful and free....The restaurant was easy to find and the lot was well lit....I would go back.....

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Haven't been to this restaurant for awhile. Had the fish fry was average. Our granddaughter had the mac and cheese. She loved it. It was crowded because everyone had coupons so I think that's the draw. My only complaint is that it's too dark in the restaurant needs to lighten up hard to read menu. Also very loud bad acoustics.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Visited the Bulldog Ale House for lunch.

Menu was acceptably varied, with options for everyone. Value was decent with good pricing. Sunday Afternoon, beer was on special, and the house brews (I had Honey Whit) was actually a fine beer at a great price.

Overall food was good, service was friendly if a bit slow, and the value was fine. Nothing special, just decent food and value. If you're in the neighbourhood and hungry it's a solid option.

Matt A, Owner at Bulldog Ale House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Hi Kitaguma,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We're happy to hear about your recent experience.

We take pride in providing friendly, hospitable and attentive service, accompanied with our daily specials. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the Sunday special, despite the lack luster of service you received.

Thanks again for your kind words, we hope to see you again soon!
-Matt

Reviewed 11 May 2017

Had dinner there with our family last night and was quite disappointed. Started off with them bringing us water, placing all five drinks at the edge of the table and walked away. Thought that was odd. My wife had a burger that was overcooked. My son had chicken fingers, appeared to be frozen pre breaded, same quality you get out of a Tyson Foods bag at Costco. I had the Cajun chicken pasta. What a disappointment. Bland, no taste, no spice and no heat. I would never order that again. Only meal that came up good was my other son's chicken wings. Other thing that drove me nuts is the server did not write down a thing. She did get it right, but that provides some anxiety because your chances are greater of screwing it up without writing it up. Also when we asked refills, she came back with only one refill. Two of us sat there with empty glasses. I even slurped my empty glass with a straw making a loud noise and she was clueless that we needed a refill. I have been there several times in the past but will have to really consider going again.

Matt A, Owner at Bulldog Ale House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Thank you for leaving us a review. We're very sorry and disappointed to hear about your recent experience with us. We always strive to make sure our guests feel taken care of with friendly and attentive service and that they enjoy all of the food they order. Given this however, it is clear that we did not uphold our own standards for you and we are extremely sorry. We'll share your experience with our staff to make the necessary corrections, and thank you again for giving us feedback that will help us to improve our guests' dining experience. We hope that you will considering coming back to see us so that we can reset your expectations and give you a great meal to remember us by.

Reviewed 13 March 2017

Plenty of beers on the menu but the Guinness was below average. I don't think they do the three quarter pour or the lines haven't been cleaned in ages. Food is good but they charge you extra for pickles. Pub sandwiches usually come with pickles, oh well.

Matt A, Owner at Bulldog Ale House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2017

Hi Jesco74,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We're sorry to hear about your recent experience.

While we're happy to hear that you enjoyed our food, we're sorry to hear about the missing pickles and below average beer. We strive to provide a wide variety of menu options for everyone to find something they enjoy.

Thank you for bringing this incident to our attention. We'll share your feedback with our team to make the proper adjustments for the future.

Warm Regards,