“Comfortable stay, but breakfast was way overpriced”

Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Carol Stream
Reviewed 21 May 2015

I had a comfortable stay here, the bed was comfortable and the assortment of pillows was great. The location was quiet overall, but slightly confusing getting around and trying to find the elevators was a little confusing. The breakfast was overpriced and would keep me from staying here in the future since there was no free continental breakfast but other nearby properties offer it. Other than that, it was a decent stay but I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
HolidayIllinois, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2015

Thank you for your feedback and sharing your experience at our hotel. We would enjoy having you stay with us again. Please know that while not all of our rates include breakfast, we do have options that would include it with your stay. That way you (and other guests) have a choice of what is important and are paying for the elements of the stay you want.

Again, thank you for sharing and I hope knowing that we can offer you package rates that include breakfast would bring you back again.

Reviewed 17 April 2015 via mobile

Stayed here overnight for a business meeting the next day. Nice hotel with a restaurant and bar. Food was good and reasonably-priced. Needed to turn the air on as it was a bit warm in my room, however it was so loud I ended up turning it off. No way I would be able to sleep if it cycled back on. Overall a good stay.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
HolidayIllinois, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2015

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel with your fellow travelers. We appreciate the feedback, and praise of both the hotel and restaurant. We hope if your business travels bring you our way again, we can look forward to your return. Thanks again.

Reviewed 14 April 2015

This hotel has a very friendly staff and is a decent property but management has decided that it would add a tented event venue immediately next to the sleeping rooms and then allow extremely disruptive, loud events to occur until midnight and beyond, literally within ten feet of sleeping rooms. This happened to our family on Saturday evening when a "baptism" accompanied by loud and obnoxious deep base drumming went all all day, till 11:00 PM to be followed by a loud band until midnight...and then more music while they cleaned up.

This is completely inconsistent with guest comfort and it is clearly a permanent installation.
Judge for yourself if you want to try to sleep next to the picture that I have attached.

There is no way that anyone interested in sleep ever stay here.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family

Thank you for the praise of the hotel and the staff. I apologize that an event at the hotel caused you a disrupted night at the hotel. I would be happy to discuss this matter with you further if you'd like as we do our best to inform guests of activities at the hotel as they occur to avoid problems if possible. The tent and other banquet spaces are permanent fixtures and generally not problems for most travelers. Again, my apologies for the inconvenience and feel free to contact me if you'd like to discuss. (630.681.7305 - Direct Line to General Manager)

Reviewed 9 April 2015

Staff was great- very helpful & friendly. Rooms were clean. Everything worked well. Free internet - a little slow but not bad. The restaurant is pretty good. I had steak which was great. A prime rib sandwich - also great. Lunch & dinner are better than breakfast. I have to say, the worst thing i can say about this place they need to change their creamers or offer real cream. That was the worst coffee I think I've ever had.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
HolidayIllinois, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2015

Thank you for your review and praise of our staff and services. Additionally, we do appreciate the feedback on our coffee and creamers...we know this is an item that has a wide spectrum of likes and dislikes, so the feedback is important to us.

Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2015

I stayed in this hotel for an overnighter and found it to be quite pleasant and comfortable but, this was during the middle of the week, so I'm sure occupancy was minimal and why I felt like I was in a library but, no complaints. Room was clean, bathroom was adequate size and the hot water in the shower was nearly instantaneous. The elevator moves at a rapid pace, and gets you where you need to go smartly. Lavishly decorated hallways and corridors on the lobby floor with good taste. I observed several conference rooms that are of abundant size for seminars or training classes, and some were being used. I didn't get a chance to use the pool but, on a quick visual glance, looked inviting, deep, and spacious. Overall, if your looking for decent place to stay, then this hotel is what you are looking for. I was here on company time but, if I had to choose my own, I certainly would give this hotel serious consideration.

Room Tip: Having years of experience staying in hotels, looking for a quiet spot is always paramount. Get a ro...