All reviewson site restaurantwheaton collegehot tubnice pool areafree wifibed was comfortablepull out sofabreakfast includedcheck in was quickvisit familyup to dateair conditionerclean roomsfitness roommini fridgefitness centercoffeemaker
Reviewed 17 April 2015 via mobile

Stayed here overnight for a business meeting the next day. Nice hotel with a restaurant and bar. Food was good and reasonably-priced. Needed to turn the air on as it was a bit warm in my room, however it was so loud I ended up turning it off. No way I would be able to sleep if it cycled back on. Overall a good stay.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
HolidayIllinois, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2015

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel with your fellow travelers. We appreciate the feedback, and praise of both the hotel and restaurant. We hope if your business travels bring you our way again, we can look forward to your return. Thanks again.

Reviewed 14 April 2015

This hotel has a very friendly staff and is a decent property but management has decided that it would add a tented event venue immediately next to the sleeping rooms and then allow extremely disruptive, loud events to occur until midnight and beyond, literally within ten feet of sleeping rooms. This happened to our family on Saturday evening when a "baptism" accompanied by loud and obnoxious deep base drumming went all all day, till 11:00 PM to be followed by a loud band until midnight...and then more music while they cleaned up.

This is completely inconsistent with guest comfort and it is clearly a permanent installation.
Judge for yourself if you want to try to sleep next to the picture that I have attached.

There is no way that anyone interested in sleep ever stay here.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family

Thank you for the praise of the hotel and the staff. I apologize that an event at the hotel caused you a disrupted night at the hotel. I would be happy to discuss this matter with you further if you'd like as we do our best to inform guests of activities at the hotel as they occur to avoid problems if possible. The tent and other banquet spaces are permanent fixtures and generally not problems for most travelers. Again, my apologies for the inconvenience and feel free to contact me if you'd like to discuss. (630.681.7305 - Direct Line to General Manager)

Reviewed 9 April 2015

Staff was great- very helpful & friendly. Rooms were clean. Everything worked well. Free internet - a little slow but not bad. The restaurant is pretty good. I had steak which was great. A prime rib sandwich - also great. Lunch & dinner are better than breakfast. I have to say, the worst thing i can say about this place they need to change their creamers or offer real cream. That was the worst coffee I think I've ever had.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
HolidayIllinois, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2015

Thank you for your review and praise of our staff and services. Additionally, we do appreciate the feedback on our coffee and creamers...we know this is an item that has a wide spectrum of likes and dislikes, so the feedback is important to us.

Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2015

I stayed in this hotel for an overnighter and found it to be quite pleasant and comfortable but, this was during the middle of the week, so I'm sure occupancy was minimal and why I felt like I was in a library but, no complaints. Room was clean, bathroom was adequate size and the hot water in the shower was nearly instantaneous. The elevator moves at a rapid pace, and gets you where you need to go smartly. Lavishly decorated hallways and corridors on the lobby floor with good taste. I observed several conference rooms that are of abundant size for seminars or training classes, and some were being used. I didn't get a chance to use the pool but, on a quick visual glance, looked inviting, deep, and spacious. Overall, if your looking for decent place to stay, then this hotel is what you are looking for. I was here on company time but, if I had to choose my own, I certainly would give this hotel serious consideration.

Room Tip: Having years of experience staying in hotels, looking for a quiet spot is always paramount. Get a room as far from the elevator as possible, and any room not on the lobby floor.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
HolidayIllinois, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2015

Thank you for the very complete review of our hotel. (I don't know if we could have described our facilities much better.)

We appreciate you sharing and describing your experience and hope to see you the next time you are out this way; either on your next business trip, or on your own time. Thanks again.

Reviewed 28 February 2015

I was assigned a large two room suite. It was very spacious. Large and comfortable king bed.

The adjacent room had a large sitting area, comfortable and spacious desk and a wet bar with microwave and fridge.

All was nice and functional, clean and modern, well kept.

The hotel has a restaurant on site, connected and accessible from within the hotel. Dinner was average, but kids eat free. Morning breakfast buffet was pretty good, with made to order omelettes, also my kids ate free.

Pool was very large, also hot tub is big. Pool was freezing cold, so was pool room, since outside was freezing, I guess it is hard to maintain temp in large room. But hot tub was nice and hot, but mild jets.

Since it was around Christmas, hotel was nicely decorated with large Christmas tree and other decorations.

Overall nice stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a spacious room
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
HolidayIllinois, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2015

Thank you for taking to time to send in a review of your stay from over the holidays. I'm glad to see that you and your family enjoyed your visit with us and you were able to enjoy all the amenities our full-service hotel has to offer, as well as enjoy one of our suites. We hope to be your choice again on any future trips to the area.

Thanks again for sharing your experience and we look forward to seeing you again.