All reviewson site restaurantwheaton collegehot tubnice pool areafree wifibed was comfortablepull out sofabreakfast includedcheck in was quickvisit familyup to dateair conditionerclean roomsfitness roommini fridgevery nice hotelfitness center
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Amazing staff. Gm introduced himself and was amazing. Clean rooms,gym, and pool. Perfect stay. My family enjoyed every aspect. The indoor bar/restaurant was amazingly convenient. Can't find a bad thing to say.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
HolidayIllinois, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Thank you for your kind words. Our staff appreciates knowing they made a difference in your visit and we will be certain they see your thoughtful remarks.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip our way. Thank you again.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

In the area again so stayed three nights. Front desk people are helpful, especially Jill. Like having a separate refrigerator and freezer and microwave at eye level. Hotel was quiet at night. Lady during the week in the cafe is very nice. Coffee available in lobby. Will give you decaf complimentary by going by Cafe. Price was right. They are making improvements to this older property.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
HolidayIllinois, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Thank you for taking to time to share your thoughts of your stay with us. I especially appreciate your recognition of the staff members who made an impact on your visit; I will ensure they see your kind words.

We are grateful that you noticed the improvements we are making to the property as well, and we look forward to delivering another great stay on your next visit with us.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

There's not much around within walking distance. The hotel is a little bit older but pretty much what you expect from Holiday Inn. Free wifi. No free breakfast. Fitness room did not look very appealing. Staff was friendly.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
HolidayIllinois, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We appreciate your kind words regarding our staff. We will be continuing some more exciting redecoration projects in the coming months and hope to have you back to see the changes. (Sadly, one will not be including breakfast with all rates, but check out our packages so you can enjoy a cooked-to-order breakfast with some value on your next visit)

Thank you again for sharing and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

My father was transferred to a local hospital after suffering a stroke and we chose this hotel because it was close by and they had a hospital discount. I made the reservation on Saturday morning and when we arrived later that night for check in we were told there were several events going on and if it was too loud they would try to get them to turn it down. I was not made aware that our room was feet away from the event tent with open screened windows. It was a class reunion and the music was so loud our room was thumping and we could hear everything. Turning the music down would not have helped. The hotel and room are nice, but I wish I had been told when I made the reservation earlier that morning that the one bedrooms suite I chose would be right by the tent since we had not slept at all the night before because of my father's emergency. There is also no continental breakfast and the food was not very good. Drinks are not included in the buffet price. We paid $3.50 for a small glass of orange juice. When I checked out and brought up the noise issue the front desk did acknowledge that they had been told the party was extremely loud and apologized for it. They really need to forewarn anyone staying in those rooms about the possible noise issue on the weekends.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
HolidayIllinois, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

I apologize that our staff was not clearer about the potential impact of the event that was going on in the hotel. We do have events on some weekends, but never want a guest to be suprised about them. I would welcome a conversation with you to understand things better and ensure we have made things right with you. Please call the hotel at (630) 665-3000 and ask for the General Manager.

Thank you for your feedback. I look forward to finding out more so we can make our hotel as comfortable as possible for you and our other guests.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

This Holiday Inn is an older model, but don't let that throw you at all. This location was recently renovated and they did it in a modern, yet really comfortable style. Our check in was quick, friendly and very professional. The housekeeping staff should be commended for their high standards. The place was spotless. Our room was an upgraded suite and had a really nice floor plan with more space than I see at most Holiday Inn locations. Overall, one of the best HI locations I have visited ... and I stay in a lot of them! Highly recommended.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for the wonderful review and for noticing all the changes we have made. Your praise of our staff (especially housekeeping) will be shared with all and is much appreciated.

Thank you again, for the revie, your business and your recommendation to your fellow travlers. We look forward to seeing you again soon.