Hyatt Place Champaign
US$72
Drury Inn & Suites Champaign(Champaign)
US$120
US$109
US$119
Residence Inn Champaign(Champaign)
US$108
All reviewsparking garagegreat locationrestaurants and barsfrosted glassbreakfast hostlocated downtownwithin walking distancestreet noisetwo blocksper daymodern hotelroom keyshuttle servicefree breakfastawesome hotelrooms are spaciousin town
Reviewed 30 November 2015

Have stayed at the Hyatt in downtown Champaign on two occasions...the hotel is in an excellent location close to many restaurants and bars so an easy one or two block walk to a lot of dining choices...the hotel is very new, very clean with a friendly staff...breakfast buffet offers several hot and cold selections...the room is spacious, comfy and clean...only complaint is they have an inset sliding 'frosted' door on the bathroom that does not easily close and also lets light through..constantly if someone gets up in the middle of the night, the bathroom light shines through the door and illuminates the room...whoever thought this was a good idea made a mistake...the door should at least be solid to block light...other than that I would get this lodging an A plus rating.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Victor P, General Manager at Hyatt Place Champaign, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2015

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback, but most of all I am pleased that you had a great experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Champaign soon.

Reviewed 23 November 2015

I rented one of the suites and hosted a few of my daughter's friends for a birthday sleepover. This was supposed to be a Top 10 list of what I liked best, but I there were too many too limit it to 10.

This brand new hotel includes many standard/expected amenities and many more thoughtful ones: Here's what we appreciated:

1. Friendly and attentive staff.
Jesse, Autumn, Bryce, Michael and the entire housekeeping and kitchen staff were so thoughtful and accommodating. It was a quiet weekend so we didn't have to worry too much about bothering anyone, and the staff gave us their fulll attention.

2. Candy bars at check-in.
I took the girls down to introduce them to the front desk staff, and gave them my cell just in case there were any problems. The girls loved the treats at check in.

3. Beautiful, roomy and "sweet" suite.
Plenty of room for the girls to stretch out, play games, dance...and a full kitchenette with microwave, fridge, counter and sink. Separate bedroom with two doors, including one with direct access to the bathroom.

4. Beautiful view of the city.
The suites are on the corner so you can easily see almost every direction.

5. High and low peep holes on the doors...with covers!
We didn't really need them but I liked the added privacy of the peephole covers.

6. Roomy sofa bed
Room for three girls to sleep on the pull-out bed and side sofa with the u-shaped design.

7. High security.
You can't access the hotel floors via the elevator or stairs without a secure key card.

8. 24-hour gym that overlooks the pool.
I could work out while I watched the girls in the pool.

9. Comfy beds.
The bed was firm, but soft on top, perhaps because it had a pillow or foam top? Not sure, but it slept great!

10. Master power switch just inside the entry door.
I hate having to search for a light in an unfamiliar, dark hotel room. The master switch turned on enough lights to get around without bumping into things.

11. Ear plugs!
Surprisingly, I didn't need them; plus I was keeping an "ear" on the girls. But for a downtown location with a separate bedroom, that was a nice and surprising touch.

12. Coffee/wine bar(?).
I wouldn't even call it a bar...it was more even a counter. I liked it because I felt comfortable sitting there with my 14-year-old daughter who came along to help while the girls got to run around on the main floor looking for things on their scavenger hunt. Since it was in the lobby and centrally located, I could keep an eye on the girls.

13. Stack of local newspapers in the lobby.
Not just one, but enough to accommodate lobby guests.

14. Somewhat separated business center.
It was located just off the lobby in a separated area, but not an isolated room tucked away from the action. I would have liked this arrangement had I needed it.

15. Free wi-fi. Need I say more?

16. Convenient parking.
Parking is located on the 2nd through 4th floors so it's easy to grab your luggage and take the elevator to your room floor.

17. Tesla electric vehicle charges.
I don't own a Tesla, but I appreciate this sustainability feature.

18. In-room coffee/tea.

19. LOTS of cable channels!

20. Pool.
It wasn't huge but it was sufficient. There was a bathroom nearby and a shower in the pool area.

21. Shuttle service.
I had my car but since they weren't busy and the girls REALLY wanted to take the shuttle bus, we requested a ride to a pizza place. Our drivers Jesse and Bryce were friendly and professional.

22. Breakfast was hot fresh and delicious!
The area was clean and well-kept. The staff was friendly, professional and efficient.

This wouldn't be a balanced review without one complaint so here it is. No lotion in the bathroom. Which would not have been an issue, but I forgot mine. That's it. No other complaints. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience and would highly recommend this hotel. Overall, this is a beautiful, sustainable and well-run hotel—far and above the best hotel in Champaign-Urbana.

Room Tip: Choose a room near the corner suites. The view is beautiful!
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank KatrinaOlson

Thank you so much for the wonderful review of the hotel. I will be sure to share your review with August, Jesse, Michael, and Bryce. Again thank you for the feedback, and I am pleased to see that your experience was fantastic.

Reviewed 22 November 2015

We enjoyed our stay at the Hyatt Place with modern clean room & bathroom. Special room options included the black out shades, L-shaped sofa sleeper sofa for 3rd person and/or relaxation lounging. Location is key in downtown Champaign with restaurants, bars, coffee shops all adjacent & within walking distance. Hotel shuttle to campus. Parking garage & city bus to campus too. Lobby serves as flexible lounging area, breakfast, small bites & drinks spot with TV viewing and seating areas. Wonderful, friendly service from Daneisha & August. Only downsides are the price and distance from U. of I. campus if you prefer closer proximity there. There is also a need for Hyatt to staff more 'Gallery hosts' on busy campus weekends, since the position seems to serve so many roles there was a wait for guests to be served at several times during our weekend stay. Glad we tried it!

Stayed: November 2015
1  Thank kattriprevus

Thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and your business. We are also glad that you Tried us out!!! We hope that you will be visiting us again soon.

Reviewed 19 November 2015 via mobile

This is a brand new hotel located in downtown Champaign. It is not close to campus, but worth the stay. The dining staff is impeccable. Constantly re-stocking items and clearing items on your table. Delicious breakfast with skillet items and delightful pastries.
The hotel is beautiful and the rooms are spacious and well thought out. The hotel is a welcome addition to the dated ones in this area. The business center downstairs has a PC with Windows 7 and a Mac. The printer is fast. All in all, terrific stay!

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are pleased to see that your experience with us was a fantastic one. We appreciate you business and look forward to welcoming you back to Champaign soon.

Reviewed 18 November 2015

Not only is the location incredible, but so is the entire staff. Starting when you are greeted to arranging transportation down to providing a delicious breakfast and coffee.

If you have the opportunity to visit in late October as we did, the fall colors are almost breathtaking.

This will be a "do-over" for us for sure!

Room Tip: The higher the better as far as I'm concerned!
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Lee B
Victor P, General Manager at Hyatt Place Champaign, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2015

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are really pleased to hear that this we be a "do-over" for you again in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.