“An Art Lovers Dream!”

Ranked #1 of 705 things to do in Chicago
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: See why the Art Institute of Chicago is the only museum in the world to be top-ranked by TripAdvisor four years in a row! Experience the greatest Impressionist collection outside Paris, and view contemporary masterpieces in the spectacular Modern Wing. Stand before classics like Nighthawks, and travel the globe through galleries devoted to the art of ancient Greece, Japan, Africa, and the Americas.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Baby buggy parking, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Stairs / lift, Activities for older children
Reviewed 30 March 2018

I simple love art and appreciate the talent of artists. We slowly meandered through each floor, some a little faster than others. The Art Institute of Chicago is simple breath taking! So many artists work I have seen in a book or magazine, but never in person were hanging there to take admire. We could have spent several days there. Artist such as Seurat, Renoir, Monet, Manet, Toulouse-Lautrec, VanGogh, Cezanne, Worhal and so many more! It felt like the museums I visited in Paris.

Write a ReviewReviews (21,488)
All reviews
in 190 reviews
"millennium park"
in 427 reviews

Reviewed 30 March 2018

The Art Institute has something for lovers of any art style. Although they don't get as much press as the Impressionist collection or American Gothic, my favorite exhibit is the Thorne miniature rooms. My only complaint is the museum layout is very confusing and requires you to do quite a bit of backtracking in order to reach a different area. We had to ask for directions several times. Be sure to allot plenty of time for your visit. We spent half a day and still didn't see everything.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

On our last day sightseeing for Spring Break, my daughter and I enjoyed a quiet stroll of about two hours through the galleries. We especially enjoyed the Impressionism section! We

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

One tip is if you come in for the last hour you can get in for a discount! The staff is super cool about explaining stuff!