theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$317
US$233
Sofitel
The Peninsula Chicago(Chicago)
US$399
  • Pool
Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$187
Hilton.com
US$206
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$239
US$515
US$302
Agoda.com
2,731 results
All reviewsstate and lakerooftop barwit hotelbirds chirpingnature soundschicago theaterwarm cookiesspa roomthe riverthe loopcorner roomhotel guestsfloor to ceiling windowsmillennium parkthe beanupon checkblue line
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I don’t do this often enough but had a really good experience here.

Andrew at check-in was very accommodating despite my last minute changes. Gave me a room with a view of the Jewelers Building.

And Fernando in their restaurant was an incredibly attentive and cheerful server but without being too attentive, if that makes sense. Great start to my day.

Rooms are nice but not atypical. Location is amazing if you love Chicago.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
GeneralManager201, Guest Relations Manager at theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear 185kylef,

We are so pleased to hear about your great experience! Your kind words will be shared with the team. Thank you for choosing to stay at theWit and we look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Chicago!

Best Regards,
Kimberly Meinhardt

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had 21 adults/kids come/go at different times with every scenario imaginable taking place (from using this credit card to pay for some rooms while the inhabitant paid for their parking; to floor changes, fridge moving, extra blankets.. . You name it, we asked for it)!
We used the lovely second floor balcony for our staging area and a group dinner. Enjoyed the downstairs restaurant (creamy delish Butternut soup) and the Roof Top Bar... every single staff member is beyond hospitable and friendly and WILLING to help! For the price, location- 21 adults/kids with Vegan and Gluten free... how lovely to be able to walk en masse. Utilized the train to/ from both O'Hare and Midway (Midway line stops literally across the street..ohare was two blocks and no problem even though I had a roller and two carryons). Starbucks right amsure the street....Walgreens half a block away, we walked to Millenium Park and Navy Pier, Writers Museum and Cultural Center. We took the bus top Michigan Ave.... it was just SO EASY!
Valet your car for ease and just walk. The valets, concierge, floor staff are exceptional. How the room attendants made sense of the chaos is beyond me, but they earned and deserved their tips. All of them did!!l I've never been more happy to extend a gratuity...

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
GeneralManager201, Guest Relations Manager at theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Querque,

Thank you for some amazing feedback! I am very happy to hear that your family get-together on the property was such a memorable experience, we had as much fun taking care of you as you did staying with us! Our top notch staff is trained to go above and beyond to ensure all of our guests are getting the highest quality of service available, and it is very refreshing to hear you were no exception. I will be sure to pass your kind words on to our food and beverage team who will be overjoyed to know that you enjoyed both State and Lake Chicago Tavern, our lobby restaurant serving upscale American cuisine, and ROOF, our award winning rooftop bar featuring craft cocktails and Mediterranean tapas, throughout your stay. Our prime location in the heart of downtown Chicago keeps us right by every major CTA Line which makes it easy for our guests to come in from the airport or traverse the city via public transit. We are also only steps away from not only the great sightseeing hotspots that you mentioned but also The Chicago Theater, Chicago Riverwalk, shopping on the Magnificent Mile, and the wonderful food and dining scene in River North. We are looking forward to welcoming you and your family for another memorable stay here at theWit!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Perfect location and good size rooms. The king size room with a jacuzzi was good choice. However, the room was rather noicy from the fan heating the room and from the railway just below our room. So we had trouble sleeping and ended up turning off the heat to reduce noise but then temperature fell quckly after a few hrs so we woke up freezing and needed to turn on the noisy heater again.
The hotel is quite dated and in need of a renovation. Carpets in the room were really dirty. So all in all an disappointment.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trond H
GeneralManager201, Manager at theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Trond H

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay. I apologize about the noise issues in your room. In the future, please do not hesitate to reach out to the front desk, so we can provide a solution to the issue. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and show you our commitment to delivering a positive guest experience.

Guest Relations Team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We just completed a 4-night stay at The Wit and were impressed. The only negative was the ultra hi-tech phone with large LED screen. It required use of a wash-cloth over the screen at night. Accommodations were splendid. Meals at the lobby restaurant were uniformly excellent. Fine dining at reasonable cost. We shall return to The Wit.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear Albert K,

Thank you for a great review! I am thrilled that we hosted you for an impressive four night stay! I am happy to hear that your clean, comfortable sleeping room as well as our fantastic lobby restaurant State and Lake Chicago Tavern, serving upscale American cuisine and craft beers, all played a part in making your stay even more special. I do apologize that our in room touch screen phone was a bit bright for you to sleep, we are always happy to move or change out the phone to better accommodate our guests for a good night’s sleep! We are looking forward to welcoming you back for another outstanding stay at theWit!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Took my wife for a surprise weekend in Chicago to see Hamilton (amazing!) and soak up the St Patrick's Day vibe (she's Irish and born on St Patrick's Day!).
Third time at theWit and it is still one of my favourite City hotels because of its location and value -- The Roof bar is a great place to hang out with a constantly changing scene and great views over the Chicago skyline. The rooms are very clean, comfortable and spacious, and even the basic ones are more than enough for a weekend break. I've only eaten breakfast in the restaurant, but it was also excellent.
I also want to give a special call out to Edgar Navarro (Director of Rooms) and Eric Loughlin (Guest Relations Manager), and their team. They took Customer Satisfaction to whole new level. Last time we stayed (a year ago) they had a huge block booking for a congress, and the roof bar was booked out from 5-10 the two nights we stayed so couldn't enjoy the sunsets, etc. We weren't overly bothered but I did mention it in my feedback. Edgar immediately emailed me and apologised, and offered to look after us next time we were in town. They totally delivered, with some really cool attention to detail -- Eric came to talk to us in person the minute we checked in, they put a slab of chocolate with the Hamilton logo painted on it & a hammer in our room (a smash hit!), and they reserved a booth in the packed Roof bar for a pre-show drink and appetiser. It really made my wife's birthday weekend extra special.

Room Tip: Higher the better -views; lower floors can get noisy with the Loop train. Head up to the Roof a couple of times -- the scene changes
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David C
GeneralManager201, Guest Relations Manager at theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear David C,

Thank you for some wonderful feedback! I am very happy to hear that we were able to host you and your wife for a surprise visit to Chicago to see Hamilton and take in the St. Patrick Day festivities! It is always lovely to see return guests here at theWit, and I am even more excited to know that we are one of your favorite hotels not only for the value we offer in our room rates but for our award winning rooftop bar ROOF featuring craft cocktails, Mediterranean tapas dining, and some of the finest views of the city of Chicago! Our clean, modern, spacious sleeping rooms offer comfortable and quiet accommodations to ensure our guests are experiencing the most comfortable hotel visit possible. I will be sure to let our food and beverage team know that you also thoroughly enjoyed your breakfast at our lobby restaurant State and Lake Chicago Tavern, featuring upscale American cuisine and a wonderful craft beer selection. Edgar and I are both overjoyed to know that our service was so helpful in making your stay even more memorable, we both have a great passion to ensure that our hotel is setting the standard for what great hospitality should feel like! We are all looking forward to you and your wife staying with us again for another incredible stay here at theWit!