“Great to stay after Billy Joel Concert”

Hotel Lincoln, a Joie de Vivre Hotel
Ranked #60 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Very relaxed, enjoyable hotel. Elevators were a little slow, but not a big deal. Loved the laid back atmosphere. The manager, Michael was super personable and helpful. He does a great job making guests "feel at home". He even plays Billy Joel tunes throughout the hotel for the concert night. There's a lot of nice hotels in Chicago, but Michael and his staff will get my business on our next trip!!!!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Quick trip up for my boys' first Cubs game. Friendly staff, clean rooms,and great service all around! Definitely recommend. Will hopefully go back one more time this year. If you're going to Wrigley Field and stay in town overnight, give these guys a call.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Michael G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Lincoln, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Thanks so much for the review jonathanlO9594ZM! It's awesome you and your children were able to enjoy the Lincoln Park neighborhood along with Wrigley Field. Sounds like we will be seeing you again in October when the Cubs are back in the series! Look forward to it.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

I stayed at the Hotel Lincoln this week for business. The property entrance was fine; check-in staff was fine. Hotel room itself was pretty cramped and the below-window air conditioning unit was so loud I had to turn it off to sleep. The elevators were also extremely slow. Wifi was fine. Bathroom tub was peeling, but water pressure was good. The bathroom itself was so tiny that my legs rubbed against the toilet paper holder (and I am a petite woman, so I can't imagine sitting on the toilet if I was average sized...). For the price, it wasn't terrible, but I would not recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Michael G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Lincoln, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Thanks for your thorough feedback nyali07030. I am sorry your expectations were not met during your business visit here. I understand our your comfort is important while you are away from home doing work. Clearly, we did not accomplish a stellar experience for you, and for that, I am sorry. Feel free to reach out to me directly should you return to the neighborhood; we would love nothing more than another opportunity to impress!

Reviewed 17 August 2017

I had very high hopes this this hotel, as it had great ratings on TripAdvisor. We are Platinum Marriott members, but decided to try this hotel located a block from my sister's new place in Chicago. We liked the location and that it was dog friendly.

When we arrived, our room was on the 11th floor. I was shocked at the size of the room. It was one of the smallest rooms and bathrooms I have ever seen, even compared to NYC standards. When I got back to the hotel room that evening, the music from the bar on the roof deck was so loud that the elevator shafts were shaking. Luckily, they were able to move us down to the 8th floor, but that meant having to pack everything up and move all of our stuff after we were exhausted from a day out in the city. Even in our new room, we could still hear the bass from the DJ shaking the room.

The air conditioner unit was so old, I haven't seen anything like this in a hotel in a decade. The bathroom was so tiny and there was slim to none counter space for me to put any toiletries on. The coffee and roll-able coffee stand was inside the closet; therefore making the closet unusable unless you removed the coffee stand. The walls were so thin. When I was getting ready in the bathroom I could hear every word our neighbor was saying. Every other word out of his mouth was profanity. It made being in our room very uncomfortable. Everything felt dirty, the shower was clogged and we had to shower in 1-2 inches of water. The bed was comfortable, but not great.

The hallways were cramped and when the housekeeping has their carts out in the hallways, it made getting by them next to impossible. The hotel elevators were so old and slow I was afraid they were going to break. We used the J. Parker elevator, as it was faster and seemed not as creaky.

Needless to say, after spending ~ $700 on two nights, we were so disappointed and couldn't wait to check out. The best thing about the hotel is the trendy lobby and the rooftop bar. I would never stay here again and would absolutely not recommend.

The staff was nice, but it does not make up for what the hotel was lacking.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your thorough feedback Shannon S. I am sorry to see we fell short on your expectations on multiple fronts, from the bothersome noise to the air conditioning unit. Everything you mentioned are basic expectations for any guests traveling to any hotel around the world.

Feel free to save my contact information and drop me a line next time you find yourself in the neighborhood. We would love nothing more than another opportunity to show you what we are all about!

Reviewed 17 August 2017

First for location its a great choice, your close to Lincoln Park, walk to great restaurants, Moody Church etc. View we had from a 12th floor corner room was amazing, sunrise and sunset views, people watching. Staff were awesome, genuinely felt appreciated every step of the way. Not so good was the actual room, like many have shared before it needs to be updated, slight musty smell, elevator was a bit cranky and had some issues, window air conditioners, one of which could have been cooler, bed was okay, no box spring just mattress on a wooden frame. Was it unacceptable...nah, could it have been better, update, yes. So if your looking for location, views, great staff its a winner, but if your looking for higher end room accomodations, not so much.

Stayed: August 2017

Thanks for your feedback PorchSwing1. While it's great to see you enjoyed the location and views, I am sorry the room accommodations fell short on your expectations. We hope all guests feel more refreshed than when they arrived, and we clearly fell short on this promise. For that, I am sorry. Should you decide to give us another opportunity, feel free to reach out to me directly. Regards,