“Great sandwich, a little over the top!”
Review of Ricobene's

Ranked #382 of 10,171 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Delivery
Description: For decades, Ricobene's has been feeding folks the kind of stick-to-the-ribs, succulent sustenance you can only find in Chicago. Enjoy!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

All I can say is GET THE SMALL. I split a large breaded steak sandwich with my son, and we still couldn't finish it. This place is a great local spot. Check it out if you get a chance.

Sam R, Owner at Ricobene's, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

We're so glad you and your son loved the breaded steak! Our meals are for those with Chicago-sized appetites. It's always nice to get more food than you were expecting, but we're always happy to recommend the size you should order when you're here. We hope we'll see you again soon!

Until then,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I can see why this is a local favorite. I was in Chicago nearby for a convention and the hotel recommended Ricobene’s. The chicken parmesan sandwich was excellent.

Sam R, Owner at Ricobene's, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

We're lucky to have such a great community of friends and fans! The chicken Parmesan sandwich is a great choice. We hope the next time you're in the Windy City, you give us a visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I found this Restaurant by chance and had a Pasta Meal with Meatballs and sausage.
The food was delicious and well cooked. I enjoyed the neal and found the staff to be helpful. Recommended.

Sam R, Owner at Ricobene's, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We're so thrilled you found us and enjoyed the pasta meal! It's easy to be helpful when we've got great customers like you. Now that you know where we are, we hope you'll visit us again soon!

Until then,

Reviewed 6 June 2018

I have loved their pizza and service since I was a kid growing up in Chicago, IL until last night that is!!! My fiancee and I travelled from Hammond, IN. To get a pizza from my favorite pizza restaurant. We called our pizza in for a pickup at 7:19 pm and were told it would be a 40 minute wait.

Which is standard in almost every restaurant depending on what you order. Anyhow we wait our agreed upon 40 min time.

We went into the restaurant to pickup our order for a deep-dish all the works pizza. My fiancee paid almost $30.00 for.

The workers started looking confused as to the order name which was my name Lavon. And the manager was then notified. She came to us and told us some lame brain story about the computer failed to give our order to the cooks in the kitchen. And our pizza was never made.

And of course I was disappointed because we drove an extreme long distance just for a pizza. So I informed the manager of this and her response was what did it for me. She said " well I don't know what to tell you Sir, the pizza was never made and I cannot just pull one out of the air and give it to you."

I asked what is corporate number? " we don't have a corporate number." Who is in charge of this establishment? " the owner you mean?" " her name is Kathy and she isn't here."

I have never been talked to like this my entire life and I will be posting more reviews about their poor customer service across every online search engine. This poor customer service is what puts restaurants and etc out of business. If it wasn't for die hard patrons coming in they wouldn't make no money and will eventually put a going out of business sign in the window.

1  Thank Lavon P
Sam R, Owner at Ricobene's, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

We're so sorry if your interaction with our team was anything less than professional and helpful, Lavon. We understand how disappointing it can be to expect your food at a certain time and then have to wait a little longer for it -- especially after coming all the way from Indiana. The wait was longer than anticipated because an unexpected error with our computer system caused the hiccup with your order, and we wish we would've had more control over that. We're so grateful for your years of loyalty, and we wish we could've impressed your loved one with the same respect and sincerity we've showed you in the past. We know it's a lot to ask, but if you would consider giving us another chance, we're sure we can remind you of when you were a kid coming to your favorite pizza spot.

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

What can I say, you don’t know what you’re missing out on until you try their breaded steak sandwich! The dine-in section is pleasant enough.

Sam R, Owner at Ricobene's, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2018

Breaded steak is an experience people just have to taste for themselves. Thanks for sending them our way! Hope you'll be back for another sandwich soon.

Best,