“Fly in my vegetarian rice”
Review of Dharma Garden

Cuisines: Seafood, Thai, Healthy
Dining options: Delivery
Neighbourhood: Northwest Side
Reviewed 5 September 2015 via mobile

I have never found a bug in my food before tonight.

We ordered delivery from Dharma, and after a few bites I found a dead fly that had clearly been mixed in and cooked with my rice. While I'm glad I found it before I ate it, it's beyond disgusting. We immediately threw everything out.

They did at least refund the rice on our bill, but we will definitely not be ordering from here again.

Reviewed 25 January 2015

I will never eat her because Dharma Thai does not care about customer service. They were too cheap to take a few dollars off so I wonder what they do to cut costs with their food!

I had an old Restaurant.com for $10. I called and mentioned it was old and asked if they would still accept it. The woman I spoke to said she would check with the owner and call back. She called and said yes, they would accept it. I told her I would be in later that day.

When I got there, the place was empty except for some employees sitting at a back table. I gave the waitress the Restaurant.com and mentioned I called earlier that day. She took it. We ordered and I said I also wanted to place an order to go. I was going to place the order later during our meal. She came back 20 MINUTES later and said they would not accept the Restaurant.com. I mentioned I called and was told it was okay. She said the current owners bought the place 6 months ago and this was older than 6 months. She BLAMED ME for not telling her over the phone that it was too old! I mentioned it was old when I called and she never questioned how old, but it was still my fault. We walked out and ate somewhere else.

It was only $10 off so I could not believe they wouldn't accept it to satisfy a customer. This was never about the money. It was how I was treated.

1) I had called in advance to make sure they would accept it.

2) It took 20 minutes before they told us the discount would not be accepted.

3) The place was empty.

4) I said I was ordering more food to go so they would still be making money.

5) Since I paid $4 for the Restaurant.com, they probably would only received about $2.

6) I don't know if you've ever eating at a Thai restaurant, but you usually receive your food very fast. So they probably started making our order before we walked out.

No wonder the place was empty!!!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I used a certificate that i got and they were very helpful in accepting it. Very good selection in food and very tasty. I got the coconut curry and it was awesome. Must try this place.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

Whenever my husband and I had a few the night before and we need a little pick me up food with spice & heat without msg, Dharma Garden is our go to favorite. The food tastes great and we always feel better after consuming it!

Reviewed 21 November 2012

This restaurant, though not in a location on every tourist's radar, would be a treat for anyone craving 'real' Thai cooking. This restaurant caters to the local Thai immgrants; usually late Friday and Saturday nights. They go because it's good. So do I. It's authentic, from mild to spicy. Try it. It's not expensive but it is very good.

Been to Dharma Garden? Share your experiences!