“Good Deep Dish. Skip the Gluten Free”
Review of Giordano's

Giordano's
Ranked #135 of 10,164 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Neighbourhood: Near North Side
Description: Famous Chicago-style deep dish pizza right in your neighborhood. Visit us for a family-friendly atmosphere and delicious food or order your meal online for pickup or delivery.
Reviewed 2 February 2022

This was a fun place. The staff is fun and engaged. Our server was Gapo and he was awesome! He was friendly and easy-going. He explained the deep dish pizza and why it was the best. In our party two people had the deep-dish pizza. They said it was delicious and some of the best pizza ever.

This restaurant has gluten-free options. There was both pizza and pasta. I had the gluten free pizza (only thin-crust is available). This was not good at all. The crust was terrible. I was somewhat surprised as a gluten free crust CAN be made well. But this missed the mark completely. If you are going to this restaurant and need to choose a gluten free option I would recommend you try the pasta and skip the pizza.

Gapo was great and wished me a happy birthday and brought out a special dessert for the table. He was an excellent host.

Date of visit: January 2022
Giordanos, General Manager at Giordano's, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2022

Melissa,
We appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback. We will pass along the positivity to Gapo as well.

Write a reviewReviews (9,576)

Reviewed 29 January 2022 via mobile

Always a favorite- I also appreciate the 6 inch option for those dining alone. Nothing to dislike here - just great Chicago Style pizza!

1  Thank mattwatts5
Giordanos, General Manager at Giordano's, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2022

Matt
We are happy to hear about your awesome experience. Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 16 January 2022 via mobile

We were curious about the famous deep dish pizza. We tried it for the first time! It was so good! I would eat there again! Definitely!

Date of visit: December 2021
Giordanos, General Manager at Giordano's, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2022

Flavia,
Thank you for an awesome review. We are happy you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 11 January 2022 via mobile

The deep dish was exceptional, the spaghetti doesn’t was “al dente” but was very good, the service was ver good, one thing, you have to wait at list a half an hour for the deep dish.

Date of visit: January 2022
Giordanos, General Manager at Giordano's, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2022

Ivan,
Thanks for the great review.

Reviewed 10 January 2022

I stopped by for a take out frozen pizza a couple months ago. Very easy to walk in and order the pizza. I took it home and a couple days later, followed the instructions and enjoyed. Reasonable cost for how much we got, I think a dinner and a lunch for my husband and me. I do prefer other styles of pizza more, but this was fun and yummy, and something I would try again. Appreciate having the frozen option!

Date of visit: October 2021
1  Thank ILoveBourbon

Thanks for the great review.