“Fabulous restaurant!”
Review of BIN 36

BIN 36
Reserve with OpenTable
BIN 36 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #364 of 9,832 Restaurants in Chicago
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: West Loop
Cross street: Kinzie
Transit: State/Lake
Description: So much more than a traditional restaurant, BIN 36 is a thriving, one-stop destination for young professionals, area business people and Chicago visitors seeking everything from cappuccinos and small plates to a quick lunch, an afterwork social scene or full-service, casual fine dining-even convenient shopping for wines, books and gifts.
Reviewed 20 June 2017

We went here for lunch on a weekday. We were seated right away. I knew I wanted to order the Brussels sprouts and they did not disappoint! They were delicious. Actually, I wanted to get another order for my main course, but everything else looked great. There were 6 of us, and we also had the patatas bravas which were excellent, the meatball, which everyone loved, and the hummus which disappeared almost immediately. Enoch, the charming owner, was there to introduce himself and make sure everything was fine. Others ordered wine/beer but I had an Arnold Palmer which was refilled without asking.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

if you like to try different wines this is the place. Great flights of wine four glasses at a reasonable price. Food is also way above average.

Reviewed 3 June 2017

Really enjoyed a quality cocktail and the brussel sprouts at Bin 36. Great neighborhood in the West Loop.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

I ate many times at the old location and this was my first trip to the new location. Very relaxed atmosphere and seemingly more intimate with better service.

The menu is a little more confusing but the wine and cheese flights remain the highlight of any visit.

Menu items are small plates with interesting selections.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

My wife and I were in Chicago for an Itzhak Perlman Recital at the Lyric Opera House and we stayed in the West Loop (a new experience for us since we usually stay in the central loop). Just a block from our hotel, we decided to try the BIN 36 for dinner after the recital. And, boy, are we glad we did! I am 72 and wear hearing aids, so a lot of newer restaurants are a bit loud for me. We arrived without a reservation but I asked the hostess to sit us in a quiet corner -- she happily did as I requested and placed us beside a larger table whose reservation was 90 minutes hence. That smiling accommodation of our request exemplified the excellent customer service attitude of all the staff -- smiling, efficient, but never intrusive. We had/shared the crispy Brussels sprouts, cauliflower salad, roast lamb with wide noodles. However, the owner greeted us at our table and discussed our experience with us. He informed us that their menu was in flux due to the hiring of a new chef. We questioned him about one of the ingredients in our meal and he brought the chef from the kitchen to explain the recipe to us. She then offered a new item on their up-coming menu to us to taste and give her feedback -- miso glazed chicken wings. We had finished our meal, but happily tried the new item. The wings were full of flavor but not over-powering, slightly salty and a bit sweet. We suggested that they offer them during happy hour in the bar (and the restaurant) because they are a great finger food with drinks or as an appetizer before dinner. We are not sure what the new dinner menu will look like, but based on our experience with the owner and meeting the new chef, whatever is on the new menu will be thoughtfully prepared and served with a smile. The new chef invited us into the kitchen before we left -- she is young and very enthusiastic and very customer focused. We are excited about returning to Chicago and seeing how the new menu shapes up. Our one regret: we ordered a couple glasses of wine with our meal -- next time we will try a flight they suggest on the menu! If you eat at BIN 36 you will not be disappointed! Enjoy!