“Amazing Gem of a Restaurant”
Review of Avec

Avec
Ranked #9 of 9,903 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West Loop
Reviewed 4 February 2016

I visited Avec during my recent stay in Chicago, the restaurant was recommended to me by a colleague and it didn't disappoint.

Firstly you have to keep your eyes open for it, blink and you'll miss the place, as our Uber driver did. It a small shop front kind of place.

Once inside the bar/kitchen runs the whole length of the right side with seating at the bar and tables to the left.

My colleague and I were offered a seat at the bar, right in front of the kitchen. This was superb and very entertaining watching the chefs hard at work.

Ok onto the food! Wow, wow, wow!! Exceptional all round. We were informed that it would make sense to share two small plates and one large plate. We went for the Dates stuffed with Chorizo, Serrano Ham with pickled grapes and walnuts, and the Neck of Lamb!

They were all simply stunning, however the Dates with Chorizo were a real highlight and I can say these are one of the tastiest things I have ever eaten.

Beers and wines were excellent and the service was superb.

All in all a fantastic restaurant in my new favourite city!

Reviewed 4 February 2016

I really enjoyed eating at Avec, good variety of ingredients and interesting mix.
I have one negative feedback, I have been there in January and it was very cold inside, I couldn't remove my jacket while eating; beside that everything was good.

1  Thank Iman C
Reviewed 2 February 2016

Avec has a fairly meat-heavy menu that is intended to be eaten as shared plates. There is no space between tables, so you will be right next to other diners but somehow the noise isn't that bad. Wine list is surprisingly strong.

Reviewed 1 February 2016 via mobile

This place is a must try. It's small and a bit tight to move but we'll than makes up for it in the flavor and uniqueness. Some of the seating is community seating and the other is bar style. Highly recommend the dates but everything we tried was amazing

Reviewed 31 January 2016 via mobile

A complete surprise to find this type of mixology on food. Cheers to the Chef and the staff for a unique place

1  Thank Joe V