“Best Restaurant in Chicago!”
Review of Kinzie Chophouse

Kinzie Chophouse
Ranked #89 of 10,177 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$15 - US$75
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Near North Side
Cross street: Kinzie Street
Transit: Brown line - Merchandise Mart
Description: Kinzie Chophouse, one of the only female-owned independent steakhouses in Chicago. 2016 celebrates 25 years of service and we at Kinzie pride ourselves on setting the standard in fine dining with our service and cuisine. An authentic Chicago neighborhood restaurant, The Kinzie Chophouse is nestled in the River North neighborhood. Steps away from the Merchandise Mart, we are both a local favorite and a repeat destination for visitors to the Chicagoland area. The newly remodeled interior welcomes guests to a bright and beautiful dining room--complete with oversized leather booths, intimate seating arrangements and jazzy background tunes all blend together for a true Chicago experience.
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Everything from the service, Rob from Louisville, Ky was our server, to the wine, to the drinks to the food was perfect! I had the meatloaf and my husband had the salmon. Both were to die for!

Reviewed 6 March 2018

I traveled here for business and had a business lunch here...great ambiance and the food was amazing. I had the most delicious scallops ever in my life!

Oh man...my mouth is watering just writing this and thinking about them!

1  Thank Susan H
Reviewed 8 February 2018

We watched the infomercial in our hotel room and thought it looked pretty good. From the moment we arrived we knew we had made the right choice. The ambiance was just right and our server, Rafael, was delightful and very knowledgeable! The food was divine, my husband and I both had the filet. You can tell the owner, Susan and her staff, are proud to have served the Chicago are for over 25 years. I will go back!

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

I had high expectations after hearing great recommendations from several people. I came away underwhelmed and will not be going back. Service was bad, steak was under cooked and the cookie dessert was cold and tasteless. The one redeeming aspect was the prices were reasonable, but maybe you get what you pay for.

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

I was very excited to visit a Chicago Chophouse... disappointed.

The good:

The service was excellent! The bread delicious, and the mushroom risotto was fresh and tasty.

The bad:

The Delmonico was dry and overdone; My wine at almost $20 per glass was at mediocre quality at best.

The ugly:

I could've chosen a less expensive meal, but, it's a Chicago Chophouse! For $95 with tip - for a solo meal, after a long day at a conference, so not worth it!