“Oh dear”
Review of Nacional 27

Nacional 27
Reserve with OpenTable
Nacional 27 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #998 of 10,184 Restaurants in Chicago
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Near North Side
Cross street: Orleans
Transit: CTA Brown Line or Purple Line Train to "Chicago and Franklin" stop
Description: Eat. Drink. Dance. Celebrating 10 Years as Chicago's original Modern Latin Restaurant featuring a fusion of flavors from 27 nations and islands from Central and South America and award-winning cocktails. Dancing from 11pm - 2am on Fridays and 11pm - 3am on Saturdays. Check out our website for our action-packed schedule of salsa lessons, live bands and nightly happenings including 'Dinner and a Show Tuesdays' and 'Wino Wednesdays'.
Reviewed 16 February 2017

We tasted plenty of their dishes and concluded that apart from odd flashes of excellence, most were mediocre and confused. Not a good advertisement for Latin American cuisine.

SocialBD, General Manager at Nacional 27, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2017

Michael B., we appreciate your feedback and value your business. If you could contact me at jvoss@leye.com, I would like to find out more about your experience. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

I seriously go to Nacional 27 for their Empanadas. I LOVE the chicken Empanadas. I have heard that all the food here is great, but I go for one thing. The chips and salsa are also a hit. Parking is weird, but get there early enough and you'll find a space. They do offer valet. The place does get packed so I'd recommend going when they first open. Enjoy!

SocialBD, General Manager at Nacional 27, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2017

We love the empanadas too! Hope to see you again soon, MonroeWise!

Reviewed 4 December 2016

Extremely attentive and friendly staff. The interior appeared outdated.
Only 3 tables (including ours) were occupied, therefore, the wait was too long for my taste. The food was very good, although some of what we ordered sounded better than it actually was. A mishmash of various cuisines. Too expensive since nothing we ordered was outstanding, and in the end OK for a one visit.

SocialBD, Manager at Nacional 27, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2016

Hi, Cibiem,
We value your feedback! I am interested in speaking with you more about the food items you did and did not like. Please contact me at jvoss@leye.com so we can chat more!

Reviewed 20 November 2016

This is a good Latin American restaurant that turns into a dance hall for Latin and Salsa music after dinner. Always check with the staff how much consumption you need ahead of time in order to keep your table, otherwise they remove you and give your table to someone else.
The food was good and was a fun and different place to visit

SocialBD, Manager at Nacional 27, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2016

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to serving you again soon! Cheers!

Reviewed 18 October 2016

I was looking to take my wife out for her birthday and we were invited to join 2 other couples to nacional 27. You had to spend 35 per person so you were not charged the 20$ cover. The food was very good although the portions were small. The place turns into all dance after 9pm. The music selection could be better. The floor fills fast and the music is way too loud. The crowd is is dressed to the max with the exception of a few who don't have a clue. overall decent place but could use more bathrooms.

SocialBD, Manager at Nacional 27, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2016

Hi Eliseo G.,
We appreciate your feedback! Please visit us before 9:30pm on the weekends, when there is no cover and there are no minimums on tables. We hope to see you again!