“AN OK PLACE TO EAT”

Huck Finn Donuts & Snack Shops
Ranked #127 of 258 Bakeries in Chicago
Reviewed 14 April 2016

Once I walked in the door, it was very obvious that this is a very popular spot with the locals. The restaurant is a good location and clean. for me the food was OK, not great.
for me the best part was the elaborate deserts that they offer, including some of the largest donuts I have ever seen.

Reviewed 20 March 2016 via mobile

We stopped there after dropping someone off at Midway airport. We Google mapped a place where locals go and this is the first place that was recommended. I could see why. The place was homey. The wait staff was friendly and personable. The food was very good. I would recommend the pancakes. We also tried their bakery and that too was very good. I'd you are in the neighborhood it would be worth a try.

Reviewed 19 January 2016

Food is always consistant. Having been coming to this location for 20+ years. Food is always the same.

Usually can't go wrong. Only downside is it seems that when I do finally go back the prices keep going up.

Reviewed 14 October 2015

We went to the Oaklawn Location it was only 2 minutes from our hotel. They serve breakfast and lunch all day the portions were huge and we left stuffed. We went back later to get 2 dozen of the doughnuts. They were reasonably priced and to die for :) We made it home to NC with a few and the whole family has enjoyed them. Thanks Huck Finns

Reviewed 22 February 2015 via mobile

This was my second time stopping in to grab a giant chocolate frosted donut. The first time the young man (white) at the register acted very weird...making us feel like maybe we were not welcome there as African Americans. Anyway we say let's give it one more try on 2/20/2015. Different cashier...Sam vibe until I placed my order of a giant chocolate glazed and 3 donuts...then things kind of thawed out. REALLY? IN 2015?

2  Thank miamiheat7334