“The Chocolate cake and cheese plate......oh my lord!”

Karyn's Fresh Corner
Ranked #1,391 of 10,104 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Lincoln Park
Reviewed 23 May 2017

My daughter and her significant other had a weeknight gathering at Karyn's.. We were blessed to have her company at our table along with our food. She will be moving soon so make sure you put this on your list very soon. She is very kind and knowledgable.
Her Book "Soak Your Nuts" is highly recommended. The drinks with rejuvalac are yummy! You will have a nice time if you are already acclimated to raw foods. If not stick the the cooked vegan menu.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

I had a vegan culinary adventure with my cousin this past weekend and I am not even vegan....yet. She may have won me over after this weekend. :-)
We had dinner at Karyn's the first night, and I fell in love with her food. I think we ordered half the menu to try everything. the southern plate, the black bean soup, the curry bowl, cornbread, mac & cheese, kale salad w/ mustard vinaigrette, brownie a la mode, and carrot cake. OMG! Then the next day we were walking through Lincoln Park and happened upon Karyn's again. So we ate at her raw bar for lunch. My first raw food experience w/ Karyn's has spoiled me. I definitely have high expectations for future raw food experiences after her lunch buffet. I couldn't get enough of her raw "polenta" appetizer! Love this place!
I wish I could have taken the restaurant/store home w/ me. But I settled for her Soak Your Nuts raw/vegan cookbook. It has nearly everything from her place in the book!! Can't wait to break in that book.

Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

Visited this establishment over the weekend. Enjoyed the food and smoothies! I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

whether you like vegan food or not, you will eat delicious food here AND feel so good afterwards! (don't forget to try dessert)!

Reviewed 8 July 2016

Karyn's Cooked (Lincoln Park-Chicago) - A few things really caught my eye on the menu, and based on my experience at Karyn's on Green -another restaurant by Karyn- I expected great, vegan food. My lunch consisted of green enchiladas with a wonderful crisp, Spanish rice and black beans.The enchiladas were made with corn tortillas, garlic mashed potatoes and tomatillo sauce. I tasted the corn bread and vegan mac and cheese. Altogether, a wonderfully exquisite and thoughtfully composed meal, and knowing that my meal was entirely vegan and healthy, I felt great afterwards. Absolutely no regrets.

Been to Karyn's Fresh Corner? Share your experiences!