“A Chicago Weekender”

Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Jefferson Park
Reviewed 16 August 2016

We started the day with friends on a trip to the Chicago Botanical Gardens, ended at Colletti's for dinner. Our friends are regulars and know owners and staff for 25yrs. My wife and I have been here quite a few times, food is REALLY GOOD. We (6) had drinks, appetizers, dinner. They serve a pizza with giardiniera for a topping. Never saw that before. GOOD. An Italian menu for all to enjoy. GF items too. Busy, need reservation. Valet parking

Date of visit: August 2016

Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

Love the pizza here! Tonight it's a 16 in thin crust with green pepper and sausage. And occupying that is a nice cold BBK.

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

I've been going here for years and they never disappoint. I am always amazed at how they always remind me of what good foid and service taste like and the bedt part us you dint have to go downtown. Happy Maria has the best personality and full of hospitality. She is amazing and it's a gurantee. Go here.

Reviewed 23 July 2016

Colletti’s – 5707 N Central Ave., Chicago, IL 60646, (773) 775-5144, collettis.com

Actually was a “Girl’s Night out” even tho the men came along but I made a reservation for two separate table with the men sitting at the other end of the restaurant, far away from the Women. Good food, drinks, service & free parking. The Women had the Thurs special: Fried chicken – it was delicious with choice of side, a corn muffin, a packets of honey for the Chicken with complimentary bread. Other Thurs. specials are their pints, and half off certain appetizers. I will keep Colletti’s in mind for my next fried chicken fix. Heard that the ribs are also very good and so are the drinks!

Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

I stopped in one afternoon with a friend after work. We sat at a table in the bar and shared 3 different apps (fried calamari, a quesadilla, and margharita flatbread) and I also had a small Caesar's salad. Service was attentive; however, my complaint is that the wine menu does not include a description of the wines by the glass and our server was completely unfamiliar with them as well. When we asked about the particular bodies and notes she said, "I don't drink wine." My friend suggested she ask the bartender and our server said "She doesn't drink wine either." This is a failure to properly train staff on the part of the management. If you know what you want, you're good. If not, good luck. However, the bar food/apps/salads are excellent.

Date of visit: June 2016

Been to Colletti's? Share your experiences!