“A Wide Array of Menu Items”
Review of Colletti's

Colletti's
Ranked #1,562 of 10,145 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Northwest Side
Reviewed 8 December 2016

This was my first visit to Colletti's for my book club holiday party. They had a wide variety of items to choose from...not only Italian but American too. At the server's suggestion, I had the trout dinner and enjoyed it from start to finish. As a side, I selected the pasta oglio, and enjoyed that as well as the salad and vegetables. Will certainly return!

Reviewed 29 September 2016

Our first time here....went early on a Friday nite with a reservation, so there was no problem getting seated right away around 510PM....the car parker seemed lost, so we just parked the car ourselves. Had a young female server that waited on us....very attentive and knew the menu fairly well. Started with the fried calamari....a giant portion that was fresh...ask for marinara sauce, which was good but spicy. Then proceeded on to the margherita flatbread....excellent. The clam chowder soup was great, but the minestrone soup is probably on of the worst, if not the worst, I have ever eaten...awful at best. Asked if the would make pork chop vesuvio (which is not on the menu)....one of the best we have ever eaten. 4 cheese ravioli was super with an outstanding Bolognese sauce. Salads were excellent especially with the blue cheese dressing adding crumbles. To full for desert....an excellent value place to visit..will be returning soon.

Reviewed 23 September 2016

We came here this summer for dinner, after having driven by it so many times. It was a nice evening, so we chose to sit outside on their patio. I'll start with the good parts. Our waitress was nice and good, the ribs were good. My son wanted some ribs, as did my husband, but instead of having us buy 2 half rib dinners, they were able to get the full order of ribs and she just had the kitchen staff split it. Including giving them each their own coleslaw and even cutting the corn bread in half. We really appreciated that. The pasta I ordered was decent, nothing spectacular.

Now, the not so good part. As I said, we asked to sit on the patio because it was so nice outside. It wasn't busy at all, in fact, we were the first people out there. After about 10 minutes, another couple came to sit outside. They were a few tables away from us. At one point, they wanted to smoke. Now, we were able to gather that several people at the restaurant knew them. A manager, a waitress, a hostess, etc... all came by to chat with them. Eventually, the manager told them they wouldn't be able to smoke out there. It is against the law in Chicago, and I enjoy that I can dine outside and not deal with smoke. However, the couple then asked to move tables, and they moved to one further in the corner, hiding behind a something and we saw the woman start smoking. I realize for some, this isn't a big deal at all. But, when you're sitting outside, smoke can travel in various directions, and I didn't want to deal with it. Luckily we only had a little bit left until we were done. It just was obvious that the staff wasn't willing to stop them, no matter who else was dining on the patio.

Again, the service we had was good, and the ribs, but I don't know that we'd come back. There are plenty of other Italian places to go to in Chicago.

1  Thank Cindy M
Reviewed 20 September 2016

This restaurant is in our old neighborhood and easy to find for our high school chums. We decided to have a mini reunion here and the owner is a great listener. We wanted a quite spot for "catching up" for 15. We ended up having "walk ins" and so the staff quickly added tables -plus- (SO GREAT) gave us individual checks! The food, especially the pizza, is always good. I decided on veal scallopini and I was so happy with my choice - delicious.

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

I heard unbelievable things anout this resteraunt from a few people. I met two of my old......highschool buddies for a dinner and a place to visit and chat at a leisurely pace. This was a great place for that. We sat at bar area with full dining menu. Service was prefect , attentive pleasant but not intrusive .
Now comes the food. Mediocre at best for all three dishes which i tasted. My friend had their signature dish ribs.... I thought they were just blah nothing special at all, in fact, my ribs on the Barbie dig circles around their 'signiture dish'! My other friend had chicken picante which had a great sause but....it was tough i had the shrimp scampi. Which was bland and shrimp had no pop! Doubt it was fresh... Sorry but am spoiled with the seafood here in seattle my suggestion was get a burger and fries and call it good. This is not fine dining

Been to Colletti's? Share your experiences!